Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Discover This

We went to the Discovery Center this morning and we had a great time. Amelia kept saying museum over and over before we left, ha. I thought it would be way over her head and although a lot of it was, there were plenty of things for her to do and she had a blast. Ross asked if we could go back without Amelia for our anniversary. He wasn't kidding. I cannot believe I married someone who is obsessed with all things science. This was his face the whole time..



Amelia is like him in many ways and it was funny to see her want to have "my daddy" do most of the experiments with her. They loved the air tunnel that held the ball up.



And the magnet table was one of the biggest hits of the day...


I even got into the anti-gravity mirror--it was pretty awesome. I should probably add that I was tricked by how it worked. In fact, I was clueless as to how everything worked in the whole museum. Science isn't my cup 'o tea. Amelia and Ross drank up though and that in itself was DELIGHTFUL to watch. I guess I will say it, everything doesn't have to be all about me. That sentence might be retracted at a later date.



Ross and Amelia had to dig pretty hard to find dinosaur bones and when they uncovered some she would yell, "bones," and clap for herself.


Fun day full of learning (for, umm, everyone). Lunch at Panera (that was completely about me). The Discovery Center was a bit pricey, but I definitely recommend it for a special treat and we are on vacation, so that is pretty darn special. Especially in Residency Land.

3 comments:

  1. They have memberships ..... Christmas present? :).... I knew she would like it . Did they still have the play house and grocery store set up? Asher would stay there all day. We can send our science boys there with the kiddos and go do something on our own! I am glad you are enjoying your break.
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for science. that place looks awesome. i want to go next time. so glad you had a fun time. now for the part of the vacation that is just you and ross. it should be fun too. see you in the morning. :) loveyou.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, wouldn't Mooner be proud,a Science day! So glad you have had fun family days, and now I get the girl woo hoo and off with you two.I know you will have fun.

    ReplyDelete