Thursday, October 14, 2010

This Pregnancy in a Candy Shell

I cannot stop eating candy and sweets this pregnancy. Nope. Can't. At first it was specifically red and pink Starbursts. I continued to buy them and eat only those two colors out leaving mountains of yellow and orange lying everywhere. I am also a sucker for pink Mentos, but it isn't even worth buying them since they put ONE pink in the package. Does it cost more to make the pink ones? Seriously... cookies, brownies (by the pan), Hershey bars, M&Ms, and now, those dreaded pumpkins, and the list goes on.

When I hit month five, my sickness vanished :) No nausea in sight. No puke in sight. I have most of my energy back until night falls and then zzzzz. As of right now, I am not as nervous this go around. I would like to chalk it up to my incredibly strengthened faith, but I know it is because I have Amelia to focus on and thus, time doesn't allow. Either way, I am falling more and more in love with both of my kiddos each day.

Finally found out yesterday that we have a precious girl who is looking great. Elise Mae will be a delight, I know, and I can't wait to meet her. I am, however, having some major scary moments where I am not sure how I will handle two so close together. Amelia is just tiny and still has many needs. Plus, I love tending to those needs and I don't want her to feel stripped of my time or neglected. That is worrisome too--I want to give 100% of my time to both. Sigh. Ross told me when I have those moments to do what he does, "Just don't think about it. Denial is my friend." Bless him.

I was so SWOLLEN and had massive cankles a good part of my pregnancy with Amelia, so I have been drinking water like no ones business. Hopefully it will ward of the pitting edema this time- a.k.a. mushy legs.

It still feels surreal that I am pregnant again and sometimes I will feel a kick and think, "Oh my word. That is a baby." Genius, aren't I?

I have gained 12 pounds total and am wearing most of Steph's maternity clothes. She gave me several bags full and I am so thankful, considering her maternity clothes are more stylish than my regular ones.

It is different being pregnant with number two because you don't get to sit around and talk to the baby as much or rush to your husband to feel every little kick. You don't constantly think about the baby and some days you carry on and forget that a little one will be entering your world in a few months. But, it is almost like this time around I am carrying around a special secret. I already know how great it is to be a mom. I already know how amazing it feels to watch your child learn and grow. That in itself makes this pregnancy so darn cool.

Tomorrow is my sugar test. Yikes. Please refer to the first paragraph. I could be in for it.

Unrelated, here is our new ghost- Amelia talks to him all day.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you will manage it all fine. I have every confidence in you.
    So glad she is into the Halloween season.
    Hey, love those black boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Elise Mae! I'm excited you are having a girl and are feeling good. How do you eat so much candy and only gain 12 lbs?? The second time around has all kinds of firsts. Enjoy them all!!

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amelia's boots!! My daily struggle is wondering if I am giving both of them enough attention. I never feel like I do enough, but watching them together I know they are doing just fine. Bentley makes Chance laugh the hardest, and both of their faces light up when they see each other. Everything else just falls into place (or not, but life goes on). I'm sure they will love being close sisters.

    ReplyDelete