Monday, November 2, 2009

Sick or Treat

EDIT: Amelia perked up when Jared got home from school and when Ross came home from work. She smiled and was happy to see both of them. The nose is still running, but the cough seems better?? I am dreading tonight because I always get scared and the sickness seems to get worse. But, she has played some this evening :) Poor sick Buzz.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Boo. And not the ghostly kind. Last night here in Springfield equaled a fever, cough, runny nose, and runny eyes. Every time I look up, Amelia is drinking snot and wanting to be picked up. Ugh. I called the doctor and nope, she can't have any medicine. She can have Benadryl to help dry her up, "if it is absolutely needed." Hmm. I hate that response. I obviously think she needs something or I wouldn't have called to check. I am not in a good mood. But, I know babies get sick. It just would really help if mine would not.

So, lets skip all that junk and get to Halloween. Amelia was semi scared of the dark when we actually went out and about. And, I guess I can see why. We sleep with a night light on because I hate the dark ha. Here is the crew--Bee-keeper, Mommy bumblebee and Little Buzzy.



She wasn't scared of Jared though. Strange.
We went to four houses with the tough hombres above and then Amelia was done. I thought she was getting sleepy, but I was wrong. When we got back to the house, she started going through all her goodies. I was shocked. It was like she knew exactly what to do!
She also had a lick of her first sucker. It was a huge success. I freaked out because she tried to bite it with her two front teeth! So, after three licks, the sucker went away.

The biggest hit of our three days up here has been Jared. Amelia thinks he hung the moon. She laughs when he walks in the room. He doesn't even have to do anything and she is already giggling. She wants to be as close to him as possible and he has been so good with her.
More pictures later. I am soaking up the fact that she is sleeping without me holding her. Definitely a rarity in the last 24 hours. Hope she feels better soon.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Honey, I hope your little bee gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE,CUTE,CUTE PICTURES. It was all so much fun for both Jared and Amelia. Of course we all loved the entire Halloween from beginning to end. Great food,and great fun in Springfield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Amelia and Mommy, I hope she gets to feeling better soon. I hope she got to eat those Oreo's she got :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping Amelia is better this am! So glad she had a great Halloween and we got to all be there with such delicious food. Yummy sucker! LOL! Gammy loves you Amelia Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Halloween! You three looked so cute as a bee-themed family. Loved it! I'm also loving how much Amelia loves Jared. So hilarious and precious. I hope she's feeling better this morning and got to sleep some through the night. Love you.

    Steph

    P.S. Maybe her cute new black shoes that came in the mail yesterday will make her feel some better!

    ReplyDelete