Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Interview Insider

Ross just left for his second interview and I want to go back to sleep. But, that doesn't come as easily as it used to. So, I thought I would update you on the interview trail. Kansas City dinner went well. The residents were easy to talk to and most of our questions were answered before he even went to the interview the next day. They seem very family friendly and we were impressed with the level of experience he would leave the program with. Ross felt that the interview went very well also. He was extremely nervous and we are thankful for all the encouragement and prayers. When he finished, he was beaming from ear to ear, so I knew it had gone very well. He loved the program and was flying high as we left for Columbia. Oh, and I had soup, KC strip, twice baked potatoes, and lemon cake. DIVINE.

Dinner number two was a BLAST. I would love to hang out with those people in real life. Much more laid back atmosphere, a lot of laughing, a lot of just general non-residency related talk, and a great overall THREE hour dinner. I had Parmesan fries, short ribs, mashed potatoes, and chocolate cake. This place was so cute and so pricey--yikes. However, the more we found out about the program, the more it did not seem a fit for us. Ross really wants to do C-sections and the program does not really allow for that, so he was bummed. Plus they are one of the few programs that still do 30 hour call every four days. Gag. He just left for the interview, but I doubt his mind will be changed by the end.





We have had a whirlwind trip with little time to do much that isn't related to pros and cons lists, but it has been fun just being together and preparing for this next big journey. By the way, I wanted to live in Harrison the rest of my life, so the fact that I moved to Sheridan and then Little Rock and now possibly somewhere else and to Mountain Home in three years after that makes me smile. God is funny.


I get to see Amelia tonight! Miss her so much.

2 comments:

  1. Fancy duds on those handsome Halsteds!Glad all went so well!
    Gam Gam

    ReplyDelete