Saturday, November 21, 2009

Nine Months

I didn't like being pregnant, which is taboo to say. However, I will say it. Ugh. So, to think that today Amelia has been in the world the same amount of time that I carried her in my stomach is insane to me. These nine months have been incredible. She has been learning at such a rapid rate lately. Here is our birthday girl.


At nine months she is sleeping through the night (in our bed) with one bottle. This past week, she went to one long afternoon nap a day as opposed to her usual two naps. We will see if this is permanent or not, but it seems to be. Amelia can say dog very consistently and identifies it with dog. She is finally saying mama, but does not say it in conjunction with seeing me. Other words she can "say," include:

- hi
- ball
- dada
- cat (this one is iffy)
- 'nana (Aunt Steph says she said this while eating a banana, but it is verrry iffy)

This week she started raising her arms up when you ask her, "How big is Amelia?" Then, we say, "So big!" and she raises both arms up. Like here:

It is quite possibly the cutest thing she does. And, she will wave bye-bye when people are leaving, or often, after they are already gone. Amelia is standing for about five seconds at a time and walking up and down the couch. Car rides are usually iffy. If she starts out mad, she will stay mad and scream and yell the entire ride. I just want to pull over and get her out, but I am getting better about just driving on down the road. Still, I usually just pray she sleeps ha.

She has tried bites of banana and likes them, but did NOT like the bites of avocado that I gave her. I will try introducing some more finger foods this month, like cooked carrots and sweet potatoes.

I cannot even explain how much having Amelia has changed the way I look at things. Look at this smile:


Ahhh. Sweet nine months. And had I known this bliss, I would have carried her another two years in there.

3 comments:

  1. She is the best little thing anyone could imagine!! Go Amelia-and she does say all those things just ask her Gammy! HEEHEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh oh Gammy typed that not Heather-ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a joy.
    I love when came over to our house and crawled on the hardwood floors. I love her.

    Are you going back blonde?

    ReplyDelete