Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Whirlwind Part One

Reporting live from Springfield. Wow. Living life to the fullest right now--and I don't feel exhausted one bit. I feel rested and filled to the brim with love. Re-cap time.

Came home after the interviews and hugged on this little woman who was a peach while we were gone.

She had a great time with Mom and Dad while we were gone. Then, I drove to LR for our Book Club meeting. We had wonderful discussion over our book, Three Cups of Tea. I took away from this novel a renewed respect for the people of the Middle East and am quite ashamed at the stereotypes I form and judgment I pass without doing any research. This book was an eye opener to how little I actually know about other cultures and people groups. One highlight of the night was that one of our members, Jessica, got to meet the author and attend one of his lectures. I am green with envy.

Oh, and I am the one with the brown hair. My roots were trailer park nasty and I cannot keep the brown hidden. I literally need a highlight every two weeks. Sigh. The blonde is gone for now. It is a pretty color...

Amy had cinnamon ice cream, baklava, hot chocolate, tea, cream cheese delight, and coffee cake; she was definitely a wonderful host. Our next selection is The Red Tent and I cannot wait to start reading! (want to join me?) Oh, and I chickened out on spending the night at our apartment alone, so I stayed with Amy and Kyle. Thanks guys :) Another highlight was seeing Owen--I had missed those big, brown eyes.


I came home the next morning and we had Meme's birthday party. Seventy three and absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous, spry, generous, loving, and feisty as ever. Amelia made her a card and she was so proud of it (Amelia and Meme).
Pictures from the party will follow, but on a very serious note, one of my precious students from P.A. died in a fourwheeler accident on Friday afternoon. His parents are John and Lesli Hugg and his family could really use your prayers for peace and comfort. He was a wonderfully gifted student and such a delight to have in class. All his classmates at P.A. are having a very rough time and could also use your prayers. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. It has been fun! What a great birthday party we had! Glad your book club was so fun!Already been praying and passing the word to others to pray, because I can't imagine their grief.The Lord is our comforter and healer. Love you!
    Mom/Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. That brown hair is insanity. It is soooo weird to see you not blond!! It is super duper cute though!!

    2. Where in the heck did she get Cinnamon ice cream?? You MUST find out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for more blogs !!!
    Hope Wed goes well for Ross.
    Owen is sooo cute,glad he is Amelia's friend.
    The Hugg's are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. owen is too precious.
    love the pic of him.
    i also love your new brown hair.
    brunettes are so much cooler.
    wish i hadn't read the last part.
    i'm way too sad now.

    ReplyDelete