Thursday, December 9, 2010

Belly Overload

Whew. I get winded doing the littlest things. I'm feeling huge. Not uncomfortable really, just very pregnant. Someone in the mall today whispered to their shopping partner, "That poor girl, trying to get her shopping done." Poor because I am pregnant and the people at the mall today were pyscho? Or poor because of my sheer size? I didn't stop to ask.

Mom came and got Amelia last night so that I could get some things done and have a full, uninterrupted night of sleep. Ahhh. And, Amelia has been begging to go to Gammy and Gampy's house since the last time we were there. Anyway, I got presents wrapped, laundry done, every single Christmas card done, Ross's secret santa gifts wrapped, and the list goes on--finished up at one a.m. Yes, I was very proud of myself and woke up feeling like this.
I promised myself I wouldn't talk about it, but Ross is on that rotation again--you know, the one that makes me go insane in the membrane? So, it has been me doing everything. But, I am handling it much better this month because I am such a good wife. Or, um, because God has given me a healthy dose of grace. We've still had words about his schedule--actually, I have had words and he sits and smiles--but one week left plus a weekend call and we've made it out alive.

Buzzy Bee continues to love the tree and the advent calendar and the presents and the nativity scene and all that is Christmas. And, it is just the most precious thing.

Hmm, anything under there for me?



Very proud of the wreath she made.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and all checked out well. You know the time is near when you are going every week. My O.B. gave me the idea of having a present or two for Amelia from Elise after she arrives. I think Amelia will eat this up and it was a really good idea. Of course I almost cried at the fact that my doctor took the time to suggest it and listen to my worries of Amelia adjusting. Cry. Baby.


Nineteen Days Left :)


After the doctor, the mall, lunch, and Wal-Mart, I am feeling pooped. Definitely not in the muscle woman pose from earlier. In my pajamas, ready for bed, and it is five. I better get a little kick in my step because Mom and Dad are bringing my Amelia Claire home. One night away was plenty and I miss her. Later gators.

3 comments:

  1. Well, this was a great blog, laughed and cried. You are the woman, wild at times, but the woman. So proud of you.
    To hear you said,you like your cornbread better than mine,hmmmmm takes some adjusting on my part.LOL Pop told me that story.
    Elise, we are waiting to meet you !!!!!
    Was so much fun having Buzzy here for a day.
    Little hide and seek and riding big wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the gift idea with Caleb...when we got home from the hospital, we had a a few gifts for him from Lainey...he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome and are getting all the holiday stuff done despite the fact your second child is almost here.Love the present idea!
    We had so much fun with our Amelia Claire.
    She loves to play,read, meet Gampy for breakfast at McDonalds for a pancake, and carry presents around and shake them.She is such a talker now even though I have to help Gampy with what she is saying sometimes.LOL

    ReplyDelete