Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Me Self

Uncle DD is famous. He probably won't put this on his own blog, so I will share. Msn Lifestyle Homepage used one of his photos for their feature stories on ugly Christmas sweaters. So cool.
http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-look/everyday-style/staticslideshowdg.aspx?cp-documentid=26215390&gt1=32002.

Amelia is still loving gymnastics and got a dose of courage on Monday. The bigger kids always do the rings with their legs through the holes of the rings. Seems unsafe and I scowled at the idea. Then, my child begged to do it and I let her. Sheesh. Here is the big shot in action.


She asked to do it "me self" and I said absolutely not and maintained a death grip on her back. This was by far her favorite thing to do yesterday, but thankfully she returned to hanging on the rings normally and swinging her feet. Whew. Much less dangerous.

Today we tried something new and went to paint pottery with Lynna and Casiee. Storytime is canceled all month (grrrrr---I live for storytime) and so we are infusing one new activity a week for December. Pottery painting was a huge success. Amelia loved it. She immediately started picking out things to paint and knew exactly who she wanted to paint them for. Ummm expensive. We had to pay by the hour to paint and THEN we had to pay for each piece we painted. Probably will head back to Firehouse Pottery in a year or so, lol.

She was very serious about her artwork, as usual. Every single piece was done "me self." On the way to eat, she chatted about what she had painted for each person. I told her they were surprises, but if prodded, I am sure she would tell you...

Then came the meltdown in Red Robin. We had never been and I was excited for something other than Chik Fil A or Backyard Burgers (her two favorite restaurants of all time). She hated the BIG fries (steak fries) and said the chicken was EWW GROSS. Hmmm. Cried and spit out every bite and asked to go to the mall. Oh dear. We got home and she asked me to fix her lunch, ha. She had an entire peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a few pieces of banana. Her teeth are killing her and I am just praying ALL teething is done before Elise arrives.

We have been having our own storytime sessions at home and Amelia loves to be the reader--- "me self," see a theme developing? Her favorite book right now is Quck As a Cricket, by Audrey Wood.

We read it several times a day and she loves the pictures. It is also a wonderful tool to introduce the concept of similes. Her G got it for her and it has been a big hit for the last several months.

Thanks for the new reindeer shirt Gammy! She particularly wants people to notice the lights on the antlers. Several strangers have been stopped and shown said lights.

3 comments:

  1. Girly Girl knows exactly the food she wants.
    So glad she had a good time on her adventure today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she's an artist. she loves her crafts. and books. and seasoned fries or waffle fries. come on red robin. get with it. amelia is so precious. she looks so big on those rings. can't wait to see her. and i love the bow with the reindeer shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my oh my what a little gymnast already
    I can tell she is loving the pottery studio
    she knew red Robin did not have what she wanted-LOL
    She is a joy! Can't wait to see her again!

    ReplyDelete