Sunday, December 5, 2010

Whatever You Want To Call It...

I get teary eyed a lot. For different reasons. Always have--always will. Pregnancy heightens it some, but not much. Honestly, I am just a crier. Sometimes the tears trickle down and I wipe them away, but if I ever start to full out blubber. Hold on to your hat. I cried four times this morning in a minuscule period of time. Or teared up. Whatever you want to call it.

1. Before church Amelia said, "Me miss daddy 'day." (today) She has never said that before and it was precious. When he is on call she is starting to realize that he should be home at a certain time and when he isn't, she questions it. She then said, "Home layler, kiss." Awww. Tear up #1.

2. They have snacks at our church that you can grab on the way to the service and a few weeks ago we were early enough to get there in time to get one. This was a first time occurrence and Amelia's love for powdered donuts overtook her and she squealed with joy. The whole way to church she chattered about a white donut and I kept saying the proverbial, "We'll see." I knew we weren't early enough to get one, but she wasn't having it. We walk in and I see they have already put up the snacks and only a few pieces of homely looking banana bread remain on the tray. Amelia is panicking and I start my spill about maybe next time and the lady running the counter smiles at me knowingly, pulls out a new package of white donuts that she had already put away for next week, and hands the bee one. Amelia screams, "THANK YOU." And, I proceed to lose it. Tear up #2.

3. When I dropped Amelia off at the nursery (bracing myself for impact since we missed last week and no week is particularly easy) she went right over the door to her teacher. I usually have to walk her in, but today she said, "Bye mom," And toddled off in her adorable red velvet dress with polka dot tights. Tear up #3.

4. During church, I was sitting there, alone in my seat and I was completely at ease. I love our church and as we were singing this morning, I felt very blessed that in just a few short months I feel completely at home in our sanctuary and even without Ross there today, I knew it was right where I needed to be. Tear up #4.

5. This is just a bonus, but I realized during our closing prayer that I forgot deodorant today. I almost teared up for the people around me.

-------------------------
I have been having a few Braxton Hicks contractions, and my OB wanted me to do a NonStressTest to make sure they weren't real and that no complications were going on. I did a fifty minute test and they determined that Elise is fine in there right now and then a precautionary ultrasound to check my fluid levels. All checked out great there as well, and she is measuring 5 lbs 9 oz with twenty four days to go. It was nerve-wracking sitting in there all that time, but I am thankful that all ended up okay. She stuck her tongue out several times during the ultrasound. I'm sure it was loving. I am starting to swell a little and have gained 26 pounds so far. Pretty sure the holidays will put me over that 30 pound mark. I have been drinking hot chocolate bathed in marshmallow cream like it is a necessary life source.
-----------------------

Lately Amelia is obsessed with looking at her old photo books. She is really trying to grasp that she too was a baby that came out of my stomach. It is hilarious to listen to her.
More pictures later. Too lazy to get up and get my camera.

5 comments:

  1. As we all tear up a little reading this post about our precious Amelia Claire and her wonderful mommy we are thankful for you both! So glad she loves her daddy and misses him as well! Yeah for church and donuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All's well !! Could not ask the Lord for more than you have..

    Don't know why she picked this Sunday, GOOD JOB BUZZY and good choice.

    Cannot wait to meet our Elise Mae,she will probably be another HOOT !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am supposed to be asleep because of an endless weekend and will certainly get in trouble, but I had to catch up on the blog. We are certainly blessed and am very glad we have found a church and things have settled so quickly to become our home. I couldn't make it one day without my heathy beathy she is such a wonderful mom and wife. She has been keeping everything together while I have been so busy and doing it all 8 mo pregnant. She is such an inspiration and I am so blessed to have her in my life. Thank you for all you do heather. Your hubby.

    P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who has forgot to put on deodorant before leaving the house :) And hot chocolate is necessary. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo. great post. love hearing all the little things. and big things. "bye mom." WHAT??? go bee go! so proud of her. can't wait for elise to get here. yippee for a new baby. loveyou sisso.

    ReplyDelete