Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Interesting...

We have been having trouble with Amelia not wanting to get her diaper changed. The fits range from small and easily deterred to large, screaming tantrums. I guess she just doesn't want to stop what she is doing to get changed, but we are trying everything these days to have a successful diaper change with no problems. Last night, Ross laid down on the floor to pretend to have his diaper changed. She thought this was hilarious and got hers changed right beside him with no problems. Then, she jumped up and wiped his bottom with a wipe. She said, "Poop off now dad." Weird.

Then, Ross said, "Hey, Heather, what if I was laying here and really did have poop?" Umm seriously? I really don't know about him sometimes. Weirder.

End of February is my estimated potty training start goal. I pray that it doesn't result in Ross wearing Dora panties. Weirdest.

Steph gave me the idea to make an owl puppet out of a paper bag and Amelia absolutely loved him. The construction paper feathers were a hit and she helped crinkle them. Provided at least an hour of fun. I glued the feathers on the wrong way because I didn't listen to her instructions, but he still was super cute.
Amelia and Ing were twins at church. Derek has the money shot that I am anxiously awaiting, but here is a glimpse at how precious their matching dresses were. Amelia is crazy about Ingrid and talks about her all the time.


Here we are before story time. We are quite excited! I love Wednesday story time because the lady in charge does such wonderful songs, books, crafts, and stations. It is really educational and Amelia and I have been going to story time since she was seven months old. It has been fun to watch her come out of her shell more and now she really gets down and boogies during song time.

3 comments:

  1. Love the outfits,owl craft,and picture at the end of mommy and child. hmmmm diaper change story,not so much. LOL....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweater dresses are darling!!!! I am so glad they fit them. Good job on craft-LOL and a fun story time. What a great dad with his pretending!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dresses are too cute! Ross pretending to have a poopie diaper.... not so cute. haha. But a really fun story and obviously a tantrum deterrent.

    ReplyDelete