Monday, November 15, 2010

For Kim

And, for anyone else on the edge of his or her seat. :)

The weekend was a blast. We hadn't been to Harrison in three weeks because everyone kept coming to us (which is niiiice too) and so Amelia was tickled beyond tickled to get there. We had a fun dinner with G and Pa on Friday and Amelia only wanted her Pa to hold her, sit by her at dinner, and ride with her in HER car. Hilarious.

Saturday we had Meme's party and Amelia had down this phrase perfectly, "Happy Birthday Meme." She said it all day and I melted every time. Delicious cookout and sides, FOUR yummy birthday desserts--including cupcakes that Amelia loved- and lots of fun presents. I got to hold Ingrid a lot and she honestly couldn't have any better disposition. Just like her mom. Here are some pics...


I love this sweet picture Ross snapped. Amelia is so incredibly proud of herself here for taking Meme's presents over. Ahh..that used to be my favorite job at parties.
Meme you are full of vibrancy, vigor, vitality, and you've still got that va va voom at 74. You know I love you with all my heart. Hope you had a great party---my crew sure enjoyed it.

Church was great and after a good lunch we headed to Jasper for Brandy's baby shower. She got a ton of stuff for Lily and it was great to see her. Not sure if I will see her again before Elise gets here...weird. Steph took some pictures there and I will get those from her.

The ride home last night was insane. Amelia cried the entire hour to our house. Screaming for Gammy and Gampy. Ross said, "it didn't bother me and wasn't really that bad." Hmm, he never ceases to amaze me. I was going insane and tried to reason with her, bribe her, everything I could think of. We ate supper and she started in again and wanted "Gammy's straw cup" and on and on. This morning she wanted Gammy or Gampy to hold her when she woke up. I finally got it through her head that they don't live with us and we have had a wonderful day together. She loves gym more and more and is becoming stronger and braver on the equipment.

This weekend with the house full of family and oohhing at Ing and gabbing with Buzz, I got really nervous about adding Elise in the mix. Excited. But, nervous. Eeeeek....

3 comments:

  1. Elise will fit right in Heather...One more to love.
    It was a wonderful party and a lot of fun..
    Glad Jared still wants to be right by my side. He is growing up,soon be 12.YIKES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOP WOOP for a great party,Springfield crew outdid themselves on the desserts for sure! Yes, next birthday there will be three and Elise will be walking or almost anyway by then :) Ingrid and Amelia will be taking turns caring gifts over! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved this weekend more than life. so fun. every bit. and i love all the pics. good job. you look so great! and i can't wait for elise to be added to the mix. our girls will have so much fun together at every party. hooray!

    ReplyDelete