Friday, November 5, 2010

Temper Tantrums

Oh my, this time it was me that had a fit. We met Mom, Steph, and Ing in Branson to eat at Chili's and were then going to go to Kohl's and maybe Target. We waited forever for a table (not due to there not being any, just due to the host being incompetent) and then when we were seated, our food didn't come for ONE HOUR. After that, we still had to eat of course and got out of there ten minutes until Buzzy's bedtime with a thirty minute drive home. I was peeeeved. We got half off of our check, but what good does that really do? I hate when my plans are messed up. Honestly, I haven't gotten mad like that in a while, but I let it ruin the whole dinner. Not just mine--everyone's. Amelia and Ingrid were good at the restaurant. I wasn't. Sigh. We just drove straight back home and I pouted the whole way.

On top of that, we won't see Ross any because he is on Sunday call and can't go to church with us and won't be home until after Amelia's bedtime. AND, Amelia was up about three and a half hours total last night because she still has not cut one single tooth trying to poke through. Her gums are a million times their normal size. Poor thing. I slept on the floor beside her bed trying to calm her, but I wasn't much use and just ended up with a backache of pregnant proportions.

Fun times.

Let's skip to real fun times instead of those two paragraphs of junk. Ross found this fish game in the under ten dollar section at Walgreens and really wanted to get it for Amelia. I was not so sure she could work it, but what a night of fun it turned out to be. We have played it several nights since. Actually, Ross almost got his turn revoked because he was trying to catch all the fish before Amelia could even catch one. :) He wants to play Derek or Jared or Dad at Christmas. Nope, I'm not kidding.


She was so proud when she caught one! I was too because she is not very patient and gives up if she isn't good at something right away. We have been working on this and she is making big strides. She also went to MOPS and church nursery without CRYING!! We were so elated :)

After nap yesterday Amelia wanted to read a book in her bed instead of coming out to watch a show. I snapped a picture because I cannot resist shots of her "reading" alone. You are right Ally--I just love it.

Wednesday evening we are going to Sesame Street Live in Springfield and I am so excited/nervous. Not sure how Amelia will do, but she is really into Elmo and Ernie and Abby right now, so I hope she has a great time. If she doesn't, no temper tantrums from me :)

3 comments:

  1. We all already knew where tantrums came from -LOL You have less than you use to LOL The picture of her reading is wonderful!!!!!!!!Go Ross with the fish game winner!Glad she loved it. So glad I got to hug to my Buzzy Bee at dinner and enjoy her sweet smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, NO MORE BUYING UNTIL CHRISTMAS. Come on,someone may already have gotten that game for her..
    I would have had a temper fit also at Chili's and your Mom did too.
    Loved the reading shot..
    Did not know about getting to go to Sesame Street Show, that is great !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool that you are going to sesame street live! so pumped. i live for "reading alone" shots. and any shots of buzz loving her bed. yay! i was glad you met us in b town even if chilis was a bust. loveyou.

    ReplyDelete