Thursday, November 11, 2010

Greatest Night Ever

I am not exaggerating. I always build things up in my head and think they are going to be SO fun--as in earth shattering. A lot of times, this works and things are more fun to me than anyone else. But, sometimes--especially with a kid-- things just don't turn out like you think and you have to go with it.

BUT- This rocked our world. Amelia was so tickled that she kept clapping and shaking. Not kidding. The characters were so vibrant and the show was stellar, even for the adults. When Big Bird came out to introduce the show she yelled out, "HIIIII Bird," at the top of her lungs. She proceeded to do this for each character. But, I am getting ahead of myself. Here she is before the show with Lynna, her BFF.



Lynna gave her an Abby doll so that they could both have one at the show. Amelia slept with it last night :) When the music and lights started, the wonder in her eyes was really moving. I cried. I don't think it had to do with pregnancy hormones, but it could have. It was really about seeing her love something so much and I was just really excited for her.

I didn't get many pictures during the show because it was so fun and so dark. Here are a few.




And guess who was there? Bert! She was screaming his name when he came out dancing haha. The songs were catchy and all the parents had a great time as well. Amelia and Lynna were so good. Not a peep out of them or a restless moment--I was very proud. However, they both burst into tears when the show was over. Amelia cried for Elmo half of the way home. Ross said, "At least she loved it."

She didn't get to sleep until 10:15 due to happiness overload, but was still up at 6:20. For the love :)

"Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?"

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Pure joy and excitement. I'm sure that was a great thing to see her so happy. Good times. You wrote about it well, I felt like I was there.

    UD

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO for fun times with our little ones!:) I couldn't be happier that it went so well, and to think we barely saw it before it was coming LOL! So glad Burt showed up. I mean they look so precious; I can't stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two girls are the best! So glad you all had fun!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oscar made the show...yipeeeeee...AND BERT.ha
    Fun time by all...Have always loved Sesame Street, now girl girl does too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that is so precious! I so would have cried!!!! Can't wait for fun like this!!

    Elmo NOooooooooooooooo why did you have to leave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeaaa for a fun time......those smiles are so priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me so happy! I wanted America er.....amelia to love it so much and she did! I love seeing the excitement and wonderin her eyes in these pictures. I felt like I was there too! Thanks for this great post! See you tomorrow. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete