Friday, March 5, 2010

Ten Things

1. The Shake Weight commercials disturb me to no end.

2. I sometimes directly relate how good of a mom I am to how good Amelia sleeps. Completely ridiculous, but true. She was up from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. on Wednesday night and during that five hour span I went through a gamete of emotions and always ended with, "I wonder what I am doing wrong?" Don't worry--I know the answer is nothing. However, I still ask. The weird thing is that she didn't cry any. She just sat there with me while I rocked for two hours. Watched t.v. with me for two hours and finally drifted off in the last hour. So strange. She requires so little sleep to be happy and bubbly. I require a lot. Hmmm.

3. My guilty t.v. pleasures are Keeping up with the Kardashians, Kendra, and Guiliana and Bill. Bless my heart. I will save my legit shows for a future post.

4. It appears that although Amelia despises getting her diaper changed (she could sit in poop or pee for hours..scary) she has taken a liking to changing her babies' diapers. I was in shock when she went and got the diaper pad out and started "pretending" to change their diapers. I don't think I am making it up, although sometimes I have to make sure that I am not just saying she is so smart that of course that is what she is doing.

5. I have wrinkles under my eyes. Lots of them. I am not even thirty. Thank you.

6. Sometimes I make fun (in my head, of course) of other stay at home moms at story time or Target because they have on dresses and heels and makeup and cute hair. I do this solely because I was barely able to get dressed and use concealer in between playing babies and Little People and ball. It's jealousy I'm assuming.

7. In the last day or so, Amelia has started walking backwards. Ross and I die laughing when she does this because it is not like she is bored with walking frontwards already.

8. I forgot one of my t.v. guilty pleasures--The Real Housewives of the O.C. It definitely feels wrong to leave them off the list since I never miss an episode.

9. My mom and dad come today and I am pretty sure they have NO idea how lovely it feels to get visitors--especially when those visitors are your parents. So excited.

10. I love lists. I currently have a to-do list, a grocery list, a wish list, and a workout list going. Crossing things off the list really makes my day. Actually, I even like adding things to the list.

3 comments:

  1. #11. Allie Babler and I are pretty much the same person. SCARY. i'm with you on EVYERHTING on this list, except for the kardashians and little people, it's superheroes and cars. and caedmon walked backwards at 12 months too. i loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 i have never seen a wrinkle under your eyes. i have seen crinkles when you smile.... shelby has them too... it is one of my favorite parts of his face!

    #6 you have then energy to put on concealer? remind me to make fun of you in my head if i ever see you at target. : )

    em h

    ReplyDelete
  3. shake weight commercials are surely a joke. they can't be real.
    i can't wait to see amelia change her babies' diapers. so presh.
    i wish i was one of your visitors. sigh.
    i love making lists, marking off things on lists, checking things off lists, adding things to lists, starting a list within a list, and going back and looking at the lists.
    we must be sisters.

    ReplyDelete