Sunday, March 7, 2010

Snot Cool

Just got back from the doctor. Amelia has fluid on ears that can lead to infection. Antibiotic -check. She also has fifty percent restricted bronchial airways. Inhaler- check. New cool mist vaporizer- check. She still has a runny nose and runny eyes (from birthday party till now). Tons of saline wipes- check. She has been running a fever since mom and dad left. Tylenol- check. Gag.

Pray the little tooter feels better. She is trying to play, but then realizes that she feels horrible and needs me to hold her immediately. For very long periods of time. Hopefully she feels like a new woman by Wednesday.

But, let's digress to the weekend. It was a rockin good time as she didn't have the cough and fever yet. Mom and Dad got here and she was so excited to see Gam and Gamp. Mom says Amelia said Gammy this weekend. I never heard her :) Friday night we ate Chickfila and visited and laughed and then Ross and I went to the motel and slept straight through the night. NINE HOURS. I was giddy, especially since last week was a rough sleep week. And I didn't even know last night would be so rough with the fever and all. So, it was much needed.

Before Dad and Ross went golfing Saturday morning, Dad read Amelia some books. She just loves him to pieces and cried when he left to golf.


The girls went shopping and got some cute stuff. Amelia was great and it was really fun to shoot the breeze with Mom. After her nap, Amelia woke up and positioned herself on the arm of the chair to look out the window. We got so tickled. Mom surprised me with a shorter haircut--so cute.
Mom and Dad brought Amelia's wagon with them so she finally got to take a little stroll and she loved it. It was a fun walk and really nice weather. Amelia's nose was running into her mouth the whole stroll. Yum.

That night Ross and I went to church and P.F. Changs for date night and had such a great time. I laughed too hard and too loud for such a nice restaurant. Then we went to Target and browsed. It's funny that before we had Amelia that would not have seemed like any big deal of a night. But, I was on cloud nine to have those few hours with him. Funny how your appreciation and perception change.
Sunday morning mom and dad left and went to cheer Amy on in the Little Rock Half-Marathon. There were soooo many people. I was panicking that I wouldn't see her, but I got to see her at the nine mile marker and at the finish line. I got no pictures of her, but I am way proud all the same. It was oddly inspirational and touching to see everyone cross the finish line and sprint it out at the end. I cried several times as people crossed the line with smiles, tears, and some crossed hand in hand. Not normal Heather tears; I just got a little misty. The strong reaction was probably linked to the fact taht I don't run. At all. This was the only decent picture I took. Don't know the guy, but way to finish strong Mr. Green Shirt.




We must work on our family shots.

After her nap, AC woke up with a fever and you know the rest.


Happy Monday.

4 comments:

  1. I like the family shot
    ud

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor AC. prayers coming your way from AT. glad the weekend was rockin'. you have a great set of parents, but i know you know that. loooooovvvvvvveeeeeeee you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad all went well in race for Amy and Kyle.Poor Amelia-praying her meds work quickly.We had so much fun and loved our visit.She did say GAM by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor thing! Praying for Amelia. Feel better soon.

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete