Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hunker in the Bunker

Oh my heavens.

A post yesterday didn't happen because there was a tornado headed right for us. Pretty good reason, huh? Yes, I usually worry and cry and pray and panic and radar watch and pace and nothing of note really happens. I have been doing it for years. But last night a tornado was on the ground and headed on a direct path for our apartment. As in, they named our street on the news.

We were under the stairs in our garage hunkered down as I entertained Amelia with shadow puppets on the wall. I was eerily calm in the actual moment. God made it completely clear to me that I was to care for Amelia and he would care for me. (I freaked out later) We stayed safe and I want to thank Mom, Meme, JJ, Amy, Ashley, and Brandy for checking on us as they knew the storm was headed right for WLR. Especially Brandy. She kept me up to the minute via text on storm arrival, and spotter notifications.

So, we rested semi-well and awoke ready to face the day. This is Amelia's new smile. She shoves her chin down to her neck. It cracks me up. So does her morning hair.


Amelia is feeling much better and continues to take her med and inhaler. She is back to her old self minus a few moments. We usually play with the same toys each day. Rarely does she like one of her "old" toys and rediscover it. But, this morning she dug and dug and dug in her toy box--on a mission.



She emerged with her first cell phone; she hasn't played with it in months. Oh yes, she's had others since then. A kid has to keep up. For some reason she was intrigued with it today and talked and talked to someone.


The sky is remarkably blue today and the sun is shining brightly. A welcome turn of weather events. I am trying to teach Amelia to smile on cue while simultaneously looking at the camera. It is kind of working.





Kind of.

5 comments:

  1. Cuteness. Love the morning hair. Mine looks like that most days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious girls.....can't wait for you to get here..you did great with the real deal Heather...good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad and I are still laughing at the twin picture at the end,too cute and funny.Good job shadow puppets-great idea! Were you talking to Gam or Gamp Amelia Claire? LOL love everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor upside down giraffe was scared by the storm too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now who on earth would notice that poor pink giraffe. lol
    Also the more I look at the first picture,the more she looks like Steve. The hair the chin,the grin..

    ReplyDelete