Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Luck O'the Irish

Amelia made her dad a finger painted message from the heart yesterday (with a little help from Mommy). She was beyond proud of herself.

My little drama queen was horrified when I didn't have on green this morning.
So, I slipped on some green shoes and she was much more at ease. Oh, and are these pear pants and shirt not the cutest?


Thank goodness I got with the St. Patrick's Day spirit because she was dangerously close to calling a leprechaun to report me.

Which reminds me of the saddest story. Don't worry, it isn't real people sad, just Heather sad. Apparently a relative of someone my dad works with has a down syndrome son who is around 19. He is okay to stay at home while his mom works, but she comes home to check on him at lunch, etc. Anyway, he called her the other day to tell her that he had caught a leprechaun. She dismissed it until he called her two more times raving about this leprechaun and she decided she should go home and check it out. A (small person) Jehovah Witness (with red hair) was tied to a chair in their kitchen. "See, a leprechaun!!" I can't believe that I just put this story on my blog. Or, that it happened.

EDIT: I received a text saying, "Is it sad that I don't think the Jehovah's Leprechaun story is sad? I laughed out loud and wanted pictures!!" Let me clarify and say that I am definitely in the minority of finding this story sad...although pictures might help the humor and believability.

Ross proposed to me on St. Patty's Day. So clever and cute and a permanent reminder that I am forever lucky to have him. It was a splendid day and I was totally surprised. The ring box was even green. Ah, me sweet lad.

Tomorrow. Is. The. Day.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my perfect outfit. May be cutest ever... You both better have on green, you have that good Irish blood in your veins. Cute shoes.
    Is that story for real???? YIKES.
    Yes, you have good memories that Ross man has provided for you ,many more to come.
    WE ALL WAIT TO HEAR THE NEWS TOMORROW....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost the day!! Great green my precious Amelia Claire!!!So sweet a lucky day engagement with the man of your dreams! Top of the evening to Ya! Luv, Gammy

    Great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that leprechaun story..........made me laugh my head off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in love with the pear outfit. so cute! i love all the faces she's making for the camera lately. can't wait for tomorrow! hooray!

    steph

    ReplyDelete