Sunday, March 21, 2010

catching...my....breath

We bought a house.

Let me back up. On Thursday, we matched Springfield. We drove home and celebrated. I saw MaryBeth and Alex. We stayed up laaate.

On Friday, Mom and Ross looked and looked and looked at houses. They narrowed the list. They drove. They looked some more. I played with Buzz, Meme, and Pop in the gorgeous weather. I owe them big time for those fourteen hours. They came home drained.

Saturday came in a frigid fashion and we (with an entourage of Mom, Dad, Steph, Barbara, and Darrell) went and saw the two winners of the previous day. Amelia stayed with Meme and Pop. I picked my favorite. Everyone agreed or at least supported. I had a breakdown of the emotional sort. Decided moving again was too stressful. Cleaned up my act. Loved our Realtor. Made an offer. Ate and drove home.

Saturday night was the counter offer and this morning we accepted it in the middle of a March snowstorm.

My baby turned thirteen months old today. We drove home. I unpacked and cooked supper.

Three days. I am running on fumes and excitement. Thanks to some awesome people all that was able to happen. Trying to catch our breath. Did I mention that we bought a house?????????


Lived in a dorm four years. Rented for seven. Ahhhh. It feels soooo nice. Hoping the inspection goes well or breakdown #2 will be upon us. Night.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I am so super excited for you guys!! Crossed fingers for the inspection!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are really an adult! A wife, mother, and now a home owner! It's definitely official now :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was all fun and exciting-minus your break down ha! It is always hard to move and leave friends,but great getting closer to family.Of course I love the house-LOL Loved seeing those sweet shots of my precious Amelia Claire!
    Match, match Springfield match woohooo!! Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather..I love that fifth photo of you and Ross. I love that Burberry scarf you have o........oh my! That's not you!? I'm embarassed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is so exciting. I can't believe the snow, we went to the beach on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOOORAY! Love the house. Can't wait until we can start decorating. My favorite thing everrrr. AC is going to love this house.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I am so happy and so proud for you both. And your parents! Can't forget them. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You all are full of fun news!! This is some great stuff and I'm very excited for you!
    Love you all. I can't stop smiling for you. :o)

    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, inspection tomorrow and we will see how it goes. Pop,Jared and I will be there for that. We went by and saw the house yest,love it and the location,nice neighborhood.
    Busy weekend but a lot got accomplished !

    ReplyDelete