Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jinxy

Since I posted that Amelia was making progress on sleep she has woken up SIX times before one in the morning. Hmmm. Last night was especially er trying. Geez louise why won't my kid just sleep? We have her pack n play right by our bed as we work on this, but it is a slow process. Snail slow. She is at the point where she understands now that we want her to sleep in there, so I might have to let her cry some. Gasp.

This is her new, "I am a stinkpot" face.

I picture her secretly doing this face underneath her mountain of tears when she is proclaiming that she can't sleep by herself more than two seconds at a time.


On another note, she is more than delightful during the day than ever. Her lack of sleeping does not affect her mood during the day, so I work very hard not to let it affect mine. For instance, she found an hour worth of joy carrying around her new lunch box yesterday.



And she has more than enough energy to run around and play chase outside.

We have been enjoying the sunshine. And our baby. Sleep or no sleep.


However, Operation Get Amelia To Sleep By Herself Before We Move or OGATSBHBWM will continue to be in full force with perhaps some more intense gameplans employed.

I will keep you posted.

8 comments:

  1. She is a cutie,sleep or no sleep,fun, fun times of your life. Some nights she just needs to feel your warmth right by her,nothing wrong with that. Small stuff in the long run.
    JUST ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so Cute! She is getting so much bigger. miss her.

    ud

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her stinkpot face. Too cute. If it makes you feel any better, "they" say that letting her cry when you are right there beside her is totally different than her crying by herself. Whatever that means.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this new smile. So precious I can hardly take it!!!! LOVE.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, Heather...don't you know that as soon as you say that something is going great you jinx yourself. That is what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My precious girl with her smiley smile!Glad she loves her new lunch box-ha! She says maybe for nap is fine,but night umm only occasionally will work for me mom. I feel a change coming,a big one, like me getting a new room and playroom.LOL
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaawww I miss her already!! We had sooo much fun today!! Love you precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. do it now! do it with allllll your might!
    we're finally seeing a little progress, but only when he sleeps on our bedroom floor. atlesat he's going for longer stretches.
    oh well...she's perfect in EVERY other way!

    ReplyDelete