Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Poppy! and Various Other Sundry

Today my Pop is 79 years old! I usually don't say or type his age because I like to envision him as about 60. It is just a game that I play with myself. However, today I will celebrate the fact that he is 79 and still every bit of that 60 year old that I remember.

Pop, thanks for loving me and my family and being interested in every bit of our lives. Thanks for your example of courage and your persistence to live life fully. Thanks for always being so much more than a grandfather and for being a hands-on, game playing, tractor riding, new duck buying, treat providing Pop. Thanks for your advice and wisdom.

We hope you have a very happy day and we love you loads. See you for your party next weekend!

Oh, and dear Pop, can't wait until you can play outside with me more. Love, Amelia

Amelia and I had craft time yesterday and we made these very cute, but not quite like the picture, egg carton chicks.


We had fun and Amelia was very into using the paintbrush. Note to self: finger painting works much better than a 13 month old's brush control.

Brandy stopped by for a visit with a rockin new hairdo and a ton of love for Amelia. It was great to see her and have a small play break.
Mom and Dad made it back from Sin City. Mom will probably not appreciate me calling it that, ha. They deserved a trip away more than any two people I know. Okay, well except maybe Ross and I. Can't wait to hear more about the Cirque shows. :)

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful blog Heather, made me cry. Pop loved it so much. So glad Brandi visited with you guys,Amelia loves her.
    You did good on your craft,those feathers worked magic.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Blog for Dad! Love the Amelia pictures,Brandy's new hairdo, and the cute cute craft. Yes, we made it back and enjoyed our shows,food,shopping,and especially the coke store slush each day.LOL Luv, Gam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Pop!! And a thank you from me for always making me feel like a granddaughter too!! Love you Pop!!

    Heather, if it weren't for that super precious look on Amelia's face when she was flying, I couldn't forgive you for posting that picture of me!! LOL :)

    But I love the one of her on my lap!! I love her soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow--love the craft! great job. i'm a craft-o-holic. looked super fun to me. love brandy's hair. so chic and shiny!

    steph

    ReplyDelete