Monday, February 22, 2010

Wake Up and Party


We started off Saturday morning with a "friend" party at ten. Wait, let me back up. We ended Friday night with me having a bawling fit because Amelia's nose was running uncontrollably and her eyes were as well. I was almost certain it was allergies, but then chickened out on giving her Zyrtec. Plus, she got her fifth tooth Thursday and another one is about to surface, thus making her miserable. I thought her party was ruined and was certain she would have no fun. Okay, back to Saturday morning.

She was in a great mood and all dressed up in her black and yellow outfit for her Bumblebee Party. The balloons were her favorite thing and she carried them around all morning. When I put on her new bumble bee shoes (from Gam) she immediately bent down and patted them and smiled--she knows a pair of new shoes when she see them.

The party went so well and she made my fit seem silly (which of course it already seemed to everyone else). A little runny nose did not deter her on her big day. Ally was the first one to arrive and Amelia wanted to show her a balloon as soon as she walked in.





Then, Jaimi and Jordan arrived. (after a small detour with a semi-hitchhiker)
Next, Amy, Bryan, Will and Walker arrived and they were ready to party. Amelia continued her crush on Will and followed him everywhere at first. He was quite patient, and let her down gently.


Sherrill and Bria arrived next and I couldn't wait to see Bria. She is three months old and the youngest of the group. SO sweet. She started smiling as soon as I held her. What can I say?Drew and Kayla arrived in style and Drew brought Amelia flowers. So thoughtful. She decided perhaps Drew was the man she needed to set her sights on. Plus, he wore a vest. How dapper.


Time for presents! Amelia opened almost all of them herself and loved everything she got. Thanks so much for the thoughtful gifts from tu-tus to dresses to babies to books to puppets to stacking singers.


Will helped her out on a few presents and I feel like the crush resumed--even if briefly.The bee cupcakes were delightfully cute, but she was not sure about the taste. No surprise there. Why would she eat a decadent iced cupcake when being offered sugar for the first time? If it's not orange...forget it.

We just played the rest of the time and read books and held babies and gabbed. Perfect party. Amelia ate lunch, took a nap, and got geared up for the family party. Snapshots shortly.

Oh, I almost forgot. Here is a picture of all the little ones. Sorry Jordan, I know you were beyond unhappy at the insistence of this shot. But, thanks for not bailing off the couch.

Amelia wants you guys to know that she is the oldest one in this picture. Sheesh--and that she is one now. Getting a little big for her britches...

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great party, I love the cupcakes...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on party #1. Such a cute bunch of little ones. I am so glad I got to see them all. Fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for babies and big girls--soo much fun!!
    She loved everything,and I think everyone had fun! She looked sooo sweet sharing her balloons.Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet party! Cupcakes and outfit were too cute! I can't believe she only has 5 teeth. Jenner has 16! Seriously.....SIXTEEN!
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a BLAST.
    Too bad I could only come to the family party...
    Darn.
    hahaha.
    Loveyou--steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had so much fun partying with you all! Amelia was just adorable. I'm so glad we got to come. We always look forward to seeing all our friends....as long as we don't have to sit by them. :o)

    Love you lots!!
    Jaimi

    ReplyDelete