Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Love

So.....two tantalizing tidbits for today.


Guess who is going to give us a girl? Yep, these two beautiful people. She'll be a knockout. I was moved to tears with the healthy report yesterday. Steph hates tears so I had to clear them, fast. Amelia cannot wait for her little cousin to arrive so that she can start telling her what to do. Kidding---so they can play of course. And be best friends. With the occasional bossing.


And, today is the anniversary of when these two said "I do."

I wasn't there that day, but from my first memory on, they have done nothing but shower me with love, as well as each other. They are looking at Amelia in this picture and beaming, which is so typical of these two. Happy Fiftyfourish Years. I can't remember, but I think Meme said 54 is the magical number of this Anniversary.

Tummy Tidbit
Amelia went to have her ears re-checked today and they looked good. Ear infection is gone. However, we had some discussions about the fact that she won't eat meat or green veggies or anything other than her Orange Trio of sweet potatoes, carrots, and squash. Not a well-rounded diet. And, she is coming off formula in a few weeks, which has a lot of good stuff in it. He gave me a prescription for some vitamins and told me to keep trying with new foods each week. She is in the 20th percentile for weight and is still on "the same curve she has been on" when he plotted her on the chart. So, he isn't concerned that she isn't thriving, but he is concerned she might not be getting enough mojo.

She starts gagging sometimes BEFORE she tries the new food item. I don't even make a big deal of it; I just slip the meat or bean or whatever I am letting her try onto her tray. Often, she will look at it and start gagging or, if she is being really dramatic, dry heaving. This is without tasting the food. Sigh. My child loves drama. She then screams "NACK, NACK." Because one thing she does love is a good ole snack, i.e. Gerber Puffs of Air.

Tantrum Tidbit
Sunday night we took the front of Amelia's crib off to make a toddler bed of sorts and pushed it up against our bed. We have a double bed and with Amelia sprawled out and Ross sprawled out, I am uncomfortable most of the night. I thought this would work perfectly, but she knows the difference. She screams out and flails when on "her" mattress. But, when on our mattress in a big family wad, snoozes fine. It has been a disaster to say the least. We have tried to lay her down every night and failed every night. She is so awake by the third attempt and fail that it takes quite a while to rock her back to sleep. We are back at the drawing board. Since she is in love with her bathtub rather it is water or snow, one of my friends suggested putting her to sleep in it. I am a mere day or two away from trying it.




When we left the doctor, Amelia said, "Mom, I loved that new stuff I tried the last few days."

I could not figure out what she was talking about.

"You know, it was cold and delish. Does it have lots of nutrients? Because I could eat it all day every day."

I finally realize she is talking about snow. "No sweetie that doesn't have any nutrients. Sorry. We will try some chicken when we get home though."

She started gagging in her carseat.




7 comments:

  1. We have food struggles too. Bentley won't eat meat either unless it is hidden in something else (spaghetti sauce). He also won't eat lots and lots of other things, and is totally content with refusing everything to the point of only eating a banana all day. It's definately frustrating.

    I can't wait to see pictures of Amelia and new baby girl together. That is sooo exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing about genes. So much like her Gammy. Eating what she wants and sleeping only where she wants. hmmmmmm

    Good luck is what I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry she takes after me Heathy with sleeping LOL! She will always want to be with people,and not alone-ha! Of course her mom still awoke every night when Steph got here-LOL!! Love the photos. Great news-Healthy Girl! Great anniversary for my wonderful parents!
    Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all the orange food, has she developed the orange nose yet? I think it's carotenosis. Max totally had the orange nose and discolored skin when he was an beginning eater.

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my word. this post was hilarious. so funny. but so true. i love when amelia asked you if she could eat some more snow. hahaha. off to a day of dread. parent/teacher conferences. wish me luck.

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. "just like her momma"

    -UD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snow sledding in the bathtub...so fun! She's such a cutie! Riley and I are making a trip to AR in April for a few weeks so we'll have to get together and let the girls "play" while we play!

    ReplyDelete