Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Smattering

Well, Amelia is not really sure how she is feeling. We had a mixture of fun and meltdowns today. I think her ears are feeling better, but her gums have started to hurt. I kind of forgot about teething and just accepted the precious four that she has. However, I think it is baaaaack.

I read an article that frightened me. "You should start brushing your child's teeth as soon as the first tooth appears." What? We immediately got Amelia an Elmo toothbrush and she has really been going to town cleaning her four teeth.

Meltdown after brushing was over. Nothing was fun for her this morning because she got in trouble for chewing on everything. She chewed on her shoes--gross. She chewed a hole through two books--expensive. She chewed until she cried--ouch. So, we packed up and went to storytime. Lo and behold she was perfect. Sat still and listened to two entire books. Even "participated" in the craft and when I told her to pose with her hamster picture she crammed it beneath her foot.



She had a snack when we got home for being such a good girl and then the meltdowns returned.
And yes, she was the cutest one at storytime :)


Interesting how that happens---good at storytime, meltdowns at home. Amelia took a (much too short) nap and then I made some playdough to bring something different into the mix. AKA distract Amelia from ear and gum pain. She did far better than I thought she would with it. At first she was hesitant to touch it, and then she kept breaking off small pieces and stashing them on the ground.

Dad, notice what table we are using. The best deal EVER. Oh, and notice tiny stashed piece.
Ross is on EKG this month and he has great hours. He was home early enough to help us with playdough and that was exciting.
About thirty mintues in, Amelia decided she miiight want to put one little, teensy bite in her mouth. On try number three the playdough had to be put away. And, yes, you guessed it..meltdown.

I hope she feels better tomorrow and honestly, for teeth and ear issues, she was still quite the delight today. This picture cracks me up. Amelia always looks for me to put my phone down, and although I always try to put it out of her reach, today she grabbed it off the table and started checking my texts. Nosy.

5 comments:

  1. The new outfit looks so precious on her! She looks like such a big girl too.Goood job on the play dough,surprised she made it that long-ha!Thanks for the great recap of your day.Taking after her mom looking at those texts-LOL Special girls! Gammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most hilarious picture of Amelia and your phone!! I love it!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is a doll.
    i love the first photo of her and her toothbrush. she is looking different every photo. miss her and you....and ross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to let Bentley play with playdough. Everyday I think, maybe today, but no. I know it would end the same way it ended with Amelia. I love her outfit, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! So glad you made the playdough. That looked like fun! 30 minutes is an eternity before she tried a tiny nibble. That's great. I love all these photos. Especially the one of Amelia with her masterpiece at storytime. Love the new peace outfit. She is absolutely the cutest child of ALL TIME. :)

    Steph

    ReplyDelete