Thursday, April 2, 2009

Home

Edit:
We just got back from the doctor and Amelia now weighs 8lb
s and 2 oz and she is up to 21 inches. Good girl. Right when the appointment was over the doctor said, "Now you know she gets one shot today, right?" Umm wrong. I had no clue. I felt so bad for not mentally preparing her. I felt so bad for not being mentally prepared myself. Boo. She cried and cried and I stood in the corner. So supportive. Anyway, here are a few new pictures: backpack, bow, and dr.outfit



It is three in the morning. Fun times. Amelia decided that this would e the first night she wanted to be up and hang out in the middle of the night. She started out smiling and cooing though, so it is hard to really care. Now, she is sitting in her swing staring at me. She says hello to everyone. Add Image
The trip to Little Rock went really well. Amelia slept almost the whole way. Such a little girl to make a three hour trip like a champ. Here are some awesome things about today:

-it felt good to be home. i was sad to leave, but a nice feeling came over me when we pulled into the garage and brought her inside.
-amelia rode in her backpack for the first time for a lovely spring walk. it was so relaxing that she fell asleep. (picture to follow)
-we got a new laptop! seventeen inch screen and awesome keyboard. i am flying high. you will especially understand this if you have ever seen our old laptop.
-Ross and I got to talk a lot today and just be "us" for a while.
-Amelia smiled at me. This one will go down for an awesome thing every day.
-Megan went home on American Idol and Kris is still on

Most important on the list is that I was reminded how incredibly lucky I am. My mom is a beast. She won't appreciate that terminology, but she has helped me so much during these last few weeks. I knew she was a generous and selfless lady, but WOW. I am overwhelmed when I think of all she has done for me.

Of course, a fear is always close behind in my life; this is something I struggle with. The fear for this blessing is that I won't be anywhere near as good a mom as she is. I just don't see how there is any way. Luuuuucky.

To get rid of that fear, I will quickly follow with the fact that everyone has been so supportive that I feel the opposite of how people said I would. "OH, it will just be all about the baby now and no one will want to even see you." Not true. The outpouring of love for Amelia only makes me feel that much more special. So phhhhhhh.

Not sure how to upload pictures on this new guy yet, but maybe next time.

1 comment: