Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shots Continued and A Few Firsts

Thanks to everyone who checked on Amelia after her shots. She was very calm at the doctor's office--just chilling on the table waiting to see what the big deal was.
Of course, she soon found out what the big deal was; they hurt her and she let us know about it. I stood in the corner (again) and Ross held her hands. But after I scooped her up, she honestly was just fine. She smiled and we went to Sonic and she took a nap. It was great and I was so relieved.
BUT THEN. After her nap she woke up screaming with two swollen legs that were bright red. And she screamed. And screamed. And screamed. I called Meme to let her listen to it and she said, "Not normal." I called Ross and he said, "Not normal." I called the doctor (three times) and they said "Normal." It just didn't seem like they were taking me seriously. But, Ross took me seriously and his attending physician let him come home for the day. Some Tylenol and tons of rocking and singing later, she gave it up and took a nap. Oh, I was so grateful for the prayers.

So, the end result is that the shots were way worse than I thought. Super. Let me tell you..that rarely happens to me. But, she took a bath and all her shot worries were gone.

Daddy and Amelia after bathtime

"It's all right guys...I feel better."



Firsts:
1. First time to hold on to a toy (rattle) on her own. (4-22-09)
2. First poop explosion outside of the diaper. Yes..outside. It shot all the way across the room with force that would make a rocket proud. (4-23-09)

Her stat updates at doctor:
9lbs 5 oz, 22 inches long

3 comments:

  1. LOL to the poop explosion!! I love it!! I am so glad those dang shots are over (for now). Soooo proud of 9 lbs!! Awesome!! Love to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe that you made it 2 months before a poop explosion! That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So does that mean she wasn't wearing a diaper at the time of the poop explosion? That only happened to me once, but we had many that went all up the back. Next time she gets shots, give her tylenol immediately afterwards and every 4 hours for a day. That's what I have to do with Bentley. He was always fussy and sometimes had a fever after shots. I LOVE her little grin.

    ReplyDelete