Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Vacation Kickoff

To start the long awaited vacation week of my hubster, Joanna and Adam came up to see us.  I was apprehensive about them coming because I knew how their hearts were still freshly aching over the loss of their sweet Meryn.  I didn't want the weekend to be extra hard for them because our two precious girls were buzzing around wildly, but they assured us that they needed to get out for the first time.

Amelia and Elise were excited to see them for sure!  Elise chanted "Nana" and "Dadum" all weekend.

We had a cake for Adam after supper and it was delicious!  Amelia loved singing to him and we were just SO happy to have him with us for his birthday weekend. 


After playing some games with the girls, and staying up too late talking, we were off to bed.  The boys golfed the next day and we colored, played school and played outside.  Joanna has always been good with my girls.  She is just a natural nurturer.  I was so proud of her the whole weekend.  I know how her heart is hurting, but she put others first (as always) and made a fun, fun day for my girls.

 Joanna was telling us how she has seen a white butterfly at her house when she has been praying and thinking of Meryn and that it allowed her to get close enough to photograph it without flying away.  She told me a few more stories about this butterfly and when we went out on the deck, there was a white butterfly!  We thought that was so special.
 
Barbara and Darrell came up to watch the girls so we could all go on a date night to Nakato.  We were so happy they were able to do this and Darrell surprised us all by giving us money to pay for our meal.  Even better!!! It was a blast and we took a slight detour to the mall where Joanna and I did some speed shopping.  Home to tuck the girls in and we called it a night.  Thanks G and Pa.

Here are my sweetie pies before church on Sunday.  Amelia was particularly excited to come out of her room and show Adam this crab dress.  She loves the fellas.

After church and a quick nap, we headed to Amy Jo's house for a fun cookout.  My favorite people were invited and the kids had a blast outside before the rain came.  (There was thunder and dark skies and lightning and I didn't go to the basement ya'll.)




Is it just me or is their house more fun than a playground?  Amelia and Elise love going over there.
The rain pushed us all inside to eat, but that didn't stop the fun.  The food was delicious.  Like, keep eating when you can't force in another bite because you know you won't get food like this again for awhile delicious.  Then Amy brought out the homemade ice cream.  YUM.


 After the rain, we headed to check Mem and Pa's chickens and look at their garden.


Fun weekend with fabulous people.  And vacation had barely even begun.

2 comments:

  1. The white butterfly is such a wonderful sign of the Lord always helping us. I guess with the book I am reading,this really sent chills through me. So glad Joanna realized what this meant,and shared it.
    Love the pictures of great fun with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What special friends in Adam and Joanna. So proud of them both to be leaning on their faith in God to keep them afloat during this tough time. Love the pics with them.

    Had a blast at the Curtis cookout. Love all the shots you got! I was VERY proud of you for staying so calm during the thunder and lightening.

    ReplyDelete