Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vacation- Days Nine and Ten

Saturday morning Ross took Amelia to the movies to see Strawberry Shortcake Berry Garden and she was SO tickled about it.  I honestly hate letting anyone take the girls to do stuff without me.  Even their Dad. I want to be with them for every single fun moment.  I didn't really get that this could be an issue or a problem until recently when I read an article about robbing Dads of alone time with their children.  What?  Who would do such a thing?  Apparently me.

 It talked about how some mothers naturally dominate every situation while out and about (check) and are completely in control in every area at home from clothes to cleaning to cooking (check) and that stay at home moms are the worst about this because they are with the kids so much (check).  It was a very eye opening article.  So, I scrapped by original plan of having Ross stay home with Elise and off they went.  Amelia could NOT stop smiling.  She wanted to wear a "fancy dress" to go with her Daddy. 

And later we were all together, in a big wad, just like I like.  Eating our banana popsicles and loving life.

 Sunday morning marked our last day of vacation and it was a fabulous one.  Here is my precious girl with curly hair. 

This picture cracks me up and I think this is Elise Mae's lucky dress.  She did SO wonderful in the nursery.  We told her where we were going and she practiced saying Ms. Nikki (her teacher) and kids.  She stayed the whole two hours without a big fit.  Yippeeee.

And, just like that---it was over. Before kids, I would never have fathomed someone having a week off and not going anywhere or doing anything significant or vacation-y.  However, as I reflect back on our week at home, I honestly get teary eyed.  Big surprise, huh?  Other than loving my girls so much, the main thing that stands out is how Ross works his TAIL off and was perfectly happy just being with us.  He didn't need pampering or rewarded or to have his toes in the sand.  He just wanted us.  And that is the best feeling ever :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I hope this all stays in your mind,if not read this over each week.LOL
    Such a good week for all of you to JUST be together !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading all about your vacation. With kids, stay-cations really are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome family vacation! So great to just stay at home and do fun things together. Love the pic of Amelia in her fancy movie dress. So glad she and Ross got to do this together. Sounds super fun. Love her curly hair too. And that sailboat dress Elise has on is one of my fave vintage finds of ALL TIME. Love love love your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for wonderful families and wonderful memories,plus not having to drive home.lol precious girls and their dad.

    ReplyDelete