Saturday, June 23, 2012

Day of the Fathers

My sweet husband was working on Father's Day and the day before that and the day before that...  Which got me thinking about what a fabulous example he is for our daughters.  His work ethic is top notch and he never complains.  I even try to get him to sometimes and he just won't do it.  He truly is such a stellar guy.  We celebrated with him on Friday night.  Amelia sang him a Father's Day song and gave him the card she made.  Elise made one too but had no interest in actually giving it.  Amelia also gave him the coffee mug she painted him.  It was neat for me to see her SO excited about this. 


The only thing Elise wanted to do was hold Ross's new mug.  Here she is showing it off.



Helping Daddy set up his new hose roller up thingy we got him.  Hose winder?  Hose basket?  Hose twirler device?  Anyway, he loved it.

After supper we went for ice cream with the Hahn's.  Emack and Bolios is the best ice cream in all of Springfield if you are ever in the area.  The girls wore their cute My Daddy is #1 outfits and Ross was so appreciative of them :).  Just a sidenote here on one of my love languages.  There was a time when he wouldn't have said much about Amelia's outfit when she was little.  He now not only notices when the girls have on something new/cute, he comments on how wonderful they look and little Amelia's face lights up and Elise says, "Petty, petty dress."  So, when he said their Daddy shirts were adorable, the man was speaking to me in fashion.  Which is so much more romantic than Italian or French in my book.



This picture is sweet.  Dr. Hahn truly cares for my children and we have been so blessed to have him for a friend and doctor.

Father's Day weekend was just beautiful.  The bummer part was that Steph's family didn't get to come over because Ing was sick. Thankfully it was just a little virus and she was fine after the weekend.  We still had lots of fun and Gammy and Gampy blew up their neat pool for the girls and Meme and Pop came over to watch :)




My Daddy pie is simply the best father in the world.  He is kind and his generosity knows no bounds.  I am always amazed (as a yeller) at his ability to be firm and gentle entirely at the same time. I've always known he was a fabulous dad and so this isn't some knew revelation that has come to me as I have aged.  I'm still very aware of it, like I always have been.  However, the new awe I feel for him revolves around his ability to still play the role as my strong and caring Dad, and be a fun-loving, energetic Gampy.  He plays with the girls constantly and they simply adore him!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for fabulous friends and fathers! Yeah for fun in the pool!Yeah for your very true words about wonderful men! Amelia equals excitement just like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfits to pieces. Great finds. Looks like you had a great celebration with Ross. I need to try out this ice cream place...sad we missed time with you guys at moms. Looks like a blast in the pool!

    ReplyDelete