Monday, June 18, 2012

The Fab Four

Stephanie surprised me last week and said she was bringing the girls up for the day.  I was so ecstatic.  They rarely come up here because it is just easier for me to bring my two to Harrison and see everyone.  Amelia was jumping off the walls with excitement waiting for them to arrive.

We just stayed at home and played and played.  I was impressed at how well they played together and there was not ONE fight over a toy.  How bizarre is that? 

We had snack time on the porch.-

Then some swinging and chalking took place-



Amelia loves being a little mother hen so much.  She is obsessed with helping Steph do things with Liv.  It is so precious. 

By some great miracle, all four girls napped at the same time and when they got up, they were raring to get in the water.


This tiny little bit was the only time Liv ever got upset.  We couldn't figure out if she was upset because she wanted in the water or because she actually got in the water.  Either way, she was much happier watching the girls from afar.

And this picture makes me laugh so hard I can't stand it.  Ingrid begged Steph to get in and so she put a foot on the edge of the sprinkle mat and punctured a big hole in it.  I am gasping for air.  It was hysterical except that Amelia broke down into a tiny puddle of tears exclaiming how much she loved that mat.  She was so heartbroken and I thought Steph was going to cry as well.  All I could do was hold back laughter for some reason.
Here Steph is comforting Amelia.  She kept saying, "I loved that mat."

I quickly got out the small pool and crazy caterpillar sprinkler and all was fine.  More water fun ensued.  Ingrid got me so tickled.  Every time she sat down in the pool she would scream, "My buns are in the water.  I'm sitting in the water."



We dried off and had supper and played all the way until bedtime.  I just had the most fabulous day with my sister and her girls.  Left me wishing they could just run over any old time, but I am so glad she loaded them up for a surprise.  Thanks Steph :)

4 comments:

  1. That would be fun for Steph to make that trip each week.LOL
    Darling pictures, the one with Liv & the other 3 was sooooooo cute...Looked like she was heading to play in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day you guys had while we were on vacay!You can see the joy from the photos.What a big shot Amelia is!Cute suits!Glad she gave you the other sprinkle mat-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fun fun day! We had a blast! Minus the sprinkle mat incident of course. Haha. We will definitely have to do it again. Ingrid asked today if we were going to heathers house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun! i love how you two have four little blonde beauties--what a special gift for you and steph and the girls as they grow up! they are lucky to have such wonderful mommas!

    ReplyDelete