Sunday, June 10, 2012

Vacation- Day Seven

We went for a nice walk in the park on Thursday morning.  Elise was a little cranky in the wagon because she was furious with the snack selection I made for the walk.  Whatever, she still looked cute in her little red polka dots.

Ross showed off his botany knowledge by naming some trees for us.  Amelia was fascinated by this and said, "I think they are all just called leaf trees."  He explained that the all have different names and she started naming them her own ideas.  Acorn tree.  Bumpy tree.  Lala tree.

One of my favorite pictures of her
 
Elise found a stick and had a few smiles over that and then decided she was going to be a grump ball again.  A very cute grump ball.



After a nap, there were no traces of a grump ball and it was pool time.  Amelia was just so tickled to get in the BIG pool and even more tickled that her dad got in with her.  I was in at one point too--all four of us-- and it was so funny.  Thankfully there is no photographic evidence of that.
How adorable is this child?
And this one??  Love her.
Putting water in the dog dish for their imaginary dog.
Amelia concentrating on making me some peanut butter soup.
I showed her how to blow bubbles in this cup holder and she was SO proud of herself for letting her face touch the water.

Daddy water fall
Making more soup
Snuggled up with a popsicle
We had a late run to Target after supper and called it a day.  Depression began to set in as I realized Ross had only three days left of vacation.  I don't care that we had many fabulous days before this.  I'm a brat and this is what brats do*.  Three more days, WAHHHHHHHH.

*Obviously, I am very grateful for this many days in a row with Ross home, but does anyone else do this?  Start stressing about vacation being over days before it is over?  Especially because this is MY vacation too.  So it is doubly sad.  Okay, done now.  Happy face.

2 comments:

  1. Fun fun and more fun! I want that picture of Amelia for my frame please-see what a black and white looks like for dining room.I love the pools,you all played and played in all your little pools and washed my hair a trillion times-lol(gotta get in sometimes-hahaha)Love the cozy towel pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally do that too, Heather. on sunday afternoons i will start complaining that I dont want to go to work the next day... Clif has to tell me to stop constantly. HAHA! hard to just be in the present and enjoy it for what it is...

    ReplyDelete