Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Roundup

Amelia loves going to spend the night with Gammy and Gampy, but she also loves to walk over and see Meme and Pop. She really likes to be over there by herself, but I interrupted her playing to take some pictures this time. Meme lets her do about anything she wants, lol. She loves filling up the sink and washing her dinosaurs (and gets soaked in the process, which, I am sure, is part of the fun).

Every single time she is over there she gets an ice cream cone (and various other snacks) with Pop and they sit on the porch together. I love that she is creating all of these mini traditions. She is definitely a girl who likes her schedule and structure. Speaking of ice cream, Elise had her first bite of a cone at McDonalds!



Amelia had her millionth...

This little boat has been around for years (as in about fifteen) and it was Elise's turn to try it out this visit. She loved it! Meme and Pop babysat her while I went to play Bunco with Mom and Steph and they said her first reaction was priceless. She just sat down and steered the wheel like she had done it forever.
Dad babysat Amelia that night and he is so awesome with her. He found a video that he and Amelia watched and learned a new song off of and when we got home she performed it. She had a wonderful time with just her Gampy and I am so lucky that I have a dad who is so great with my girls. AND she ate great for him, which is a bonus.

The next night I got to go see The Help. Ohmyword did it ever live up to my expectations. I already raved about the book and begged you to read it. Did you? Now, I say go see the movie. It was wonderful. Even though I knew what was coming (the movie followed the book meticulously) I still laughed and cried throughout the whole thing. It is inspirational and I left feeling deep down in my soul that I can make a difference. I didn't even know how or what difference I wanted to make, but I left the theater doing a mental fistpump. Loved it. Thanks again to Mom and Dad for letting me have a fun night out!
By the way, this picture was taken at 12:15 after the late show and we were this happy. The movie was that good. The company wasn't shabby either :) My favorite non movie related quote of the night--

Stephanie: "Yep, definitely going to spend twenty dollars at the snack bar."

3 comments:

  1. Yeah for time with Meme and Pop,Gammy and Gampy and fun times for you as well!She did love that boat and ice cream-LOL Gotta love the movie popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Jana and I are going to see this movie Tuesday and I'm glad to hear it won't disappoint. I'm currently reading the book for a second time, it's that good! We will hopefully raid the snack bar as well :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Once again I'm looking in the wrong spot. Why can't I figure it out? My 20 bucks was well spent. YUMMO. Love the pics of the girls and Meme and Pops. :)

    ReplyDelete