Friday, August 26, 2011

That's Not How Ms. Jen Does It

Ms. Jen must rule.

Amelia has already informed me I do not wash her hands how Ms. Jen does. "Mom, Ms. Jen says 'Scrub them in between, scrub them in between,' and you don't." I cracked up and now have to sing this song when we wash. Also, we were saying our prayers and Amelia said that Ms. Jen says a prayer that is a song before they eat. How adorable is that? Oh, and Ms. Jen calls panties underwear and everyone must now call them underwear. I have loved hearing these little tidbits of how Ms. Jen does things and it makes my heart so happy that she is eating it all up and already learning little songs, etc. Here she is on Day Two.

And blowing Mommy a kiss.
Amelia wanted to ride in the car rider line and reminded me as soon as we pulled into the parking lot. I couldn't believe she got out of the car with just a smile and a wave :) Here she is being beyond excited waiting in line.

She also stayed on her cot at naptime and even napped an hour. Two huge improvements. I bribed her to stay on the cot with promise of a toy and she changed her mind and wanted a chocolate donut. Score--one for mom too! The teacher said that she got a little upset when one of the other kids cried, but that didn't surprise me. She is very sensitive to people crying and being upset.

I am elated with week one of school and elated with the interest that each one of you took in week one and the investment that you have in my Bee. We have been playing school nonstop since Monday. I love my little teacher girl.

At the library today she lined up a ton of chairs and said she was getting things ready for her students.

She could only find one willing student.




3 comments:

  1. She just wanted you to drop her off? So grown up. I remember making my sister play school a lot. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh !!! I am cracking up,the library scene was too much for me. Elise the only one available to sit there. LOL
    Looking at that picture, I can visualize you,many years ago, sitting those chairs up for class,kinda scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A look back is what this is-just a look back at my two little girls! So glad she love it,remembers about her day,shares stories with her mom,and is just like you! love our precious Amelia Claire(Buzzy Bee)!Good job Elise sitting so nicely!

    ReplyDelete