Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All About Me

The theme this week at school is All About Me and the letter is Aa. Amelia thinks that letter was chosen just because her name starts with A. True story.

The verse is "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." - Joshua 24:15

Amelia's craft project assignment was to decorate a blank person that her teacher sent home and put things on it that she loved. She wanted to get this out of her take home folder while we were still at school in the parking lot. I told her we would work on it at home and she burst into tears. So we completed it tonight and as much as I wanted it to look perfect, I let her do exactly what she wanted and here it is. Adorable. Tearing up again, lol.

She picked the following out of the magazines:
strawberry, bowl of ice cream, picture of a dog, McDonalds symbol (haha), painted hands

She drew:
the blue eyes, peach nose, red smile, blonde hair, green bow, blue necklace, green shoes

I suggested:
a picture of her family, and a heart for loving Jesus

What a fun first craft for us. She practiced presenting it to her daddy and Elise. Wish I could be a fly on the wall when she presents it to her class!

5 comments:

  1. Just perfect is what that assignment is!She did a great job!I know they will love it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word. Love it so much! She picked the perfect things. I love the green bow and blue necklace. I can't wait for her second day of school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big girl! Wow, so cute and precious. Can't wait to hear more stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the cutest thing ever! Love all her choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Proud of you !! Know it was very difficult to let her do her own picture,good job on that Missy...Praying for another good day in the school room....

    ReplyDelete