Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Uncle Derek

Amelia has gone from DD to Uncle DEREK. She emphasizes the Derek, as if she wants everyone to know that she knows his real name. Happiest Birthday to the one-of-a-kind sissy who knows how to keep everyone in stitches, has a razor sharp wit, and talent that goes on for years. We love you, you handsome devil. This morning we have partied hard in your honor and Elise even wore her (Ingrid's) Beatles shirt.

-----------------
Orientation Update: This was her smile before we left and she kept it almost the whole time we were there!

"Me not quite ready to go," said Amelia after it was all over on Tuesday. Oh how this made my heart happy. It went so well and really excited me for her school year. The only time I lost it was during the parent only meeting (she was playing in the ball/tunnel area) when they prayed over the kids and explained that the having the kids know they are loved is their number one goal. I clung to Elise and am so glad that I have a baby left with me, ha. Amelia is in the Frog class and waltzed right in and started playing.
Her friend Liam from playgroup is in her class, so that was comforting to her to see him.

She has morning time and then snack time and then heads to music. During morning time they talk about their letter of the day and their theme of the week. First letter is Aa and the theme is All About Me. Each week they have a bible verse also. I'm tickled pink about the curriculum and I am a hard sell. I think it is just enough for the structure crazed mom in me, but I love that after music they go to P.E. and then have 40 minutes on the playground or in their indoor Adventure Playland just to run wild.

Amelia seems the most excited about music class and her teacher Ms. Lisa. They do a Christmas Program in December and I could just bawl thinking about Buzz up there singing, ha.
I'm worried about naptime a bit. Will she stay on her cot? That's the major rule. Also, not sure if I should send her paci or not. Yes, yes, she still has it at naptime. I don't think she will go to sleep without it, so the jury is still out on that decision. Actually, I don't think she will sleep at all because they nap at noon, which is way early for us. I'm also worried a little about lunchtime. Other than that, I will just miss her. It is FIVE hours away from me and that makes me sad. I'm already looking forward to Muffins with Mom in a few weeks. Praying that Monday is a smooth drop-off and that she has a fabulous and enriched day.

Her teachers are lucky. My girl is excellent company.

3 comments:

  1. She's a big girl now! And her hair is getting so long! Can't wait to hear some stories that her teachers tell you, maybe about some things she tells them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is going to love school. And you will be surprised what she will do there that she doesn't do at home, aka lay down on a cot and maybe no paci.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah can't wait to hear the big girl school stories...I'm sure she will love telling what mommy says :)
    It's going way toooooo fast though, you moms need to put a rock on their head or something!!!! Yikes!!!

    ReplyDelete