Sunday, August 28, 2011

Stop.


The weather has been glorious the last few mornings. We had ourselves a few hours outside at our favorite park in Springfield.
Amelia was examining this tree for some moss. And asking where moss comes from and a bunch of other scientific questions that I do not know the answer to.

I like to be busy and have fun things to do. However, I will admit that having the girls makes me want to slow down and notice the little things. It makes me want to stop in the middle of our busy fun.

This is especially true as Amelia continues to become more inquisitive and her innocence begins to shine even more brightly. While we are going and doing, it makes me STOP. Talk about things. Look at things. Hug tighter. Laugh louder. Love more fiercely.

We went to the park and played and played. It was time to spread out a blanket and have a few grapes. While we were sitting there I leaned back and what transpired I want to remember forever.

Me: "I love when the sun peeks through a shady tree like that."
A: "Why?"
Me: "It just makes me feel happy."
A: "Me too. Let's just lay here a minute. Me loves you."

We just rested on the blanket. Amelia was snuggled up beside me, I wrapped my arm around Elise's chubby legs, and was overcome with emotion. I am overcome with emotion typing this because it was such a simple moment, but it really moved me. No, every day isn't like this. But at that particular moment, I couldn't remember any spit up or fits or sleepless nights- only bliss.

Later that evening when Amelia was saying her prayers (another one of my favorite times of the day) she said, "Mom, remember when you love the sun peeking through? Me do too."

Bliss.

6 comments:

  1. Bawling-so sweet!Our little Buzzy Bee is growing up oh so quickly!Residency-please give him a break so her daddy can enjoy a few moments like this.Looks Leesey Pooh had fun also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. posted a comment,it was there before Renee's now gone gone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. STOP. with the sweetness. Loved this post. Love Amelia's sweet spirit and love for life. Loved loved loved loved everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is called, taking the time to smell the roses. Like my saying,always look at the big picture. LOL
    You may not know a lot about moss, but YOU sure know how to share a great moment with your girly girl. They will look back in years to come, thinking, what a great childhood we had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I needed this reminder. and loved this sweet moment post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now I'm crying.

    I love your girls. I just wonder if Graham will be that sweet when he starts talking or if he'll just immediately start discussing sports and tools and cars. I hope he's sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete