Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sicky Update

A few of you have emailed or sent messages asking about the girls. Here are some tidbits.

Amelia awoke with almost 103 fever this morning. WHAT? She was almost completely better yesterday. Another trip to urgent care and she has an ear infection and is on medicine. Still coughing and snotting and makes this mama sad-ola. This is the longest she has ever been sick. Seeing her shaking with that fever is more than I can take.

Elise has a runny nose and cough now too. I knew it was coming. I've (we've) tried so hard to keep them apart, but it is tough.

Mom came up today to save me. Thankfully, Meme was at Jen's and came over this morning to watch Elise so I could get Amelia in the doctor as soon as the doors opened. Mom stayed all day and I could sob thinking of how grateful I am.

I'm tired. Really tired. Ross has no clean underwear. My hair has turned into dreadlocks due to no shower in an unmentioned number of days.

Remember the count the blessing thing? Still counting. There are a ton even in this weeklong stretch of tissues and coughs and crying and doctor visits and medicine and copays. A ton. Thanks for praying for my babies. Keep it up.

Be back with some pictures and fun SOON, I hope.

3 comments:

  1. So so glad amelia got some meds so she can finally get better. Still praying elise doesn't catch anything from her sissy. Proud of u for keeping it together during this extremely long stretch of sickness. Love u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one likes to have those precious babies sick.Glad the meds are started and the getting well can start! love those tooter bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIGHTMARE AND THEN NIGHTMARE !!!! That is my comment...Bless you,it has not been a easy deal !!! Lot of things to have to handle this summer..Love you with all my heart,praying for a complete turn around for all.

    ReplyDelete