Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You Aint Seen Nothing Yet

Happy Birthday Party To ME! (okay, us). Steph and I had our annual joint birthday party. This is one of my favorite things about my birthday--the fact that Steph and I always have a double family party. Just ANOTHER thing that makes us besty friends.

Amelia was tickled pinkkk about the party. Mommy and her girl. And Mommy's two girls.
And when Ingrid arrived and was even more thrilled that Ingrid is now walking!! It was so cute seeing her toddle around. This hug sums up the love, ha.
Hubsy pulled off a mega surprise. As I have mentioned, Ross isn't the best at getting gifts. He over-analyzes and puts too much pressure on himself and waits until the last minute and, yeah, he struggles. I thought I was diving into a box that would contain a gift card or a book--his go to gifts. Imagine my surprise when I pulled out a zip line voucher! I was so pumped. Can't wait until we go.

The surprise didn't end there. I pulled out the rest of the paper and there was an IPAD TWO. Are you kidding me? No pictures because Ross stopped taking pictures because he was so excited. I still have no words. We have never discussed getting an iPad--ever. You know, other than the occasional those are so cool. It was an awesome surprise and I can never say that he doesn't get good gifts. Still in shock :)
I got a gorgeous ring and scarf and Tanger gift card and other wonderful birthday goodies. Isn't opening presents so fun? Steph and I have wanted a Coldstone cake forever, but they cost a million bucks. We got lucky and scored TWO this birthday. Thanks Mom and Dad--they were delish.
I love when everyone comes to our house! I almost let one small -turned large by me- incident ruin the night, but I reigned it in. Amelia threw a fit and I should have just let it go in front of such a big group and addressed it later. Filing that in my discipline for dummies notebook. Which is coming in another post.

Yippee for fun gifts- surprise gifts- huge gifts and turning 30.
Yahoozle for feeling 20, but having the blessings of 30.

7 comments:

  1. What a fun post-happy birthday! I'm wishing I had some of that cake and so excited for you to get an Ipad. we would looove to have one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for Ross's great gifts! Overboard for the big 30!!So glad it was a fun party with yummy cakes.Glad you are putting that in the file.:)Seems weird that next year the new baby will already be crawling on the birthday like Leesey pooh!Cute pics.My first born is thirty tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a party! we had so much fun. so so so happy you got an iPad! seriously?? still in shock at rosebud's surprises. and ziplining? yahoo. love the pics of the girls. a.c. and e.m.'s matching dresses were so cute. loved that selection! might go have a piece of cake now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Ross did great! I've always wanted to try one of those cakes too, but just can't spend that much not knowing what it's like. Was it good? Happy 30th Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What an awesome 30th birthday!
    CELEBRATE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GO ROSS! Nerd turned good gift giver. :)

    Happy early birthday sis-in-law!!

    ReplyDelete