Friday, July 8, 2011

Catching Up

I didn't blog about my anniversary (four years) or Jen's birthday party (undisclosed age). Too much was going on with Elise and then the fourth weekend and now I decided I don't want it left out, so I am backtracking a bit. We didn't do anything for our anniversary, but our trip to Florida counted as that, so on to Jen's birthday party at Macaroni Grill.
Well, wait. A proper shout out of love and gratitude to the man that calms me down and lifts me up. Four wonderful years, two beautiful kids, and a medical degree later and he is more my main squeeze than ever.
Here I am at the party with the newly crowned one year old. What a wonderful and sweet joy she brings to our lives. Happy Birthday my Ingy. Celebrating Jen's birthday was a lot of fun and was the night before Elise's big tests and so that was the perfect distraction. We had a great party room and the girls were wonderful the entire time. Lots of fun and laughter and the people that I love. Here's Amelia and her Gampy. Keri, mailed the girls these adorable precious curly red, white, and blue bows and they have worn them for the past five days solid.
My special family :)
Then, on the real fourth Ross had to work all night (and over night) and Jen invited us over for a fun cookout. She has a cool swingset (we don't) and a cool sandbox (we don't) and a huge, flat backyard (we don't) and so Amelia has the BEST time over there. She had red, white, and blue cupcakes and Amelia was delighted.
A few wonderfully busy days that I will cherish. What a fabulous Independence Weekend. And as our Sunday School teacher was talking about, Christians get to experience a deeper freedom on a daily basis. Freedom from death by sin and freedom from the burden of this world. Way cooler than a firework display!

2 comments:

  1. Such a great time for our family.Good b/d celebration at the Landing.
    So glad Jenn is close by so the little girls can know their fun Aunt Jenn.
    This is a busy month from the beginning to the end.Hard to get it all blogged about.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great four years with a great man!Wonderful family fun-love the family photo-we should have put on timer to get all! Girls looked soo cute!

    ReplyDelete