Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Prayers

Ross lost his uncle suddenly to a heart attack on Sunday evening. Ernie was always smiling and will be greatly missed. I am so thankful I got to go on his last big Colorado four wheeling trip a few years ago. Please pray for the whole family and especially Ross's dad, Darrell. Ernie was his best friend and his closest brother out of the four.

Earlier that day, though, was wonderful and I am so glad we all got the chance to be together. Mammaw made the trip to Ozark and Elise just loved her! It was great seeing Mammaw hold her. Which, by the way, I was a little nervous about and kept hovering. Elise is very squirmy and hard to hold, but I had forgotten that Mammaw is in her nineties and still has muscles of steel. She had no problems.


Jessalyn and Greg came up too and we all got to see Jessalyn's new duplex! Amelia was so excited to go see her new place and inform us that Aunt Jessalyn is moving to Ozark in a few weeks. Greg was a clear winner of the night though, as Amelia bossed him all around to play with her and come to her room and eat at her table.


Ross grilled out some delicious steaks and burgers and helped me decorate our flag dessert. He was the cook of the evening. Elise had a feast of her own--squash!! It was her first time to eat baby food and she completely cleaned out the container. Such a good eater.
It was so heartbreaking that this night ended with such tragedy. We tried to keep things calm and not say much in front of Amelia after we found out, but that night she prayed for Pa's brother to get better and my heart broke even more. As Ross and I laid in bed trying to go to sleep and process the loss of his Uncle Ernie, I was struck at how fragile this life is. We know this already; it is nothing new. Somehow, though, we forget. Ross said, "Nothing else matters, you know." I wasn't sure what he was talking about and waited for him to finish. "Nothing else matters except sharing Christ and spreading his message. Everything else is just wasted time." I thought that was a dramatic statement, but as I thought about it a minute I realized he is right. Heaven is our ultimate destination and this life is fleeting.

Praying for Ernie's family and I am thankful they can find comfort in our Father.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures of the Halsted visit.Nice desert....Mamaw is looking good,glad she could come up there to be with everyone.I know the babies loved it all !!!!!
    We are sad for the Halsted family,such grief they are going though. We are praying for them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Ross.
    Heather you are soooo blessed to have such a Godly man heading your household. So Love It!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mammaw looks great and so glad Jessalyn will be closer and get to see the girls more.We are very sad with you at Ross's family loss.Happy to know that Ernie is happy in heaven!We will pray as the family will miss him so.I am thankful you had a wonderful time with the family and with Jen on the 4th.I am thankful you have Ross!

    ReplyDelete