Thursday, July 14, 2011

Musings with Amelia

on the way home from a yummy treat of Orange Leaf yogurt (aka total yumm)--

A: I'd like to go in the sky.
M: Like, in an airplane?
A: Yes
M: Okay, when you get a bit older we will take an airplane ride.
A: I will catch the moon while I am up there.
M: Really?
A: Yes, then I will bring him home.
M: But then we wouldn't have any light at night.
A: The sun could do all the work.

almost verbatim. this kid is hysterical. every minute of every day. love her.

oh, and if you haven't been to orange leaf, go! it is so delish. we go often.


A: (with a baby up her shirt) me need Dad to get this baby out of my belly.
M: well, he is up at the hospital helping other mom's have real babies.
A: my baby is REAL and me is just sitting here waiting for him.
M: he's working nights, so it might be a long wait....

poor girl. she is really sick of her daddy being up at the hospital or in bed. good news is that she gets to go for a special treat tomorrow--a trip to branson with gammy and gampy. hope she doesn't go into labor while out with them..

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I miss that sweet girl! I can only imagine what her and Deacon's conversations would be now that they can talk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might have one of the funniest daughters of alltime. She is hilarious. I love both conversations. And her outfits in these pics. And I love Orange Leaf so so much. Yummm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definitely have some of the best convos with children. their reasoning is so simple and straightforward. amelia is becoming such a beautiful little lady.

    orange leaf looks so yummy, it is just like our yogurt mountain here, even similar decor. do they have red velvet yogurt? if they do you MUST try it!

    xoxo nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. No more pictures of ice cream it just makes me very jealous!! looks amazing! So funny and smart about what she said. I just love their age bc they say something like that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our special time with her was delightful for sure! She is such a fun girl!I love her stories and questions!Yummy orange leaf,glad I finally had some.

    ReplyDelete