Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Say What??

Elise Mae is crawling everywhere! About a week ago she woke up one morning and just decided to crawl. And day by day she has gone further and further until it is official: she can get anywhere she wants. I wasn't prepared for this at six months old, but away she goes. Just this morning I left her on her pallet playing nicely as I went to get a drink and when I poked my head back around she was trying to escape.
Amelia used to sit in her green chair for snack time in the morning, but she can't anymore because Elise tries to pull up and steal her snack, lol. And her giraffe told her he wanted up on the couch so Elise wouldn't get him...
And here she was yesterday "chasing" Amelia down the hall. What a big girl, crawling for the first time.

AND, another big announcement is that Amelia Claire is potty trained. I put her in big girl panties two weeks ago and she has had five accidents in two weeks. Three of those were on her first day! She has done so wonderfully and there are no words to describe our pride level. She wears a diaper for naps and bedtime and panties all other times and every
where we go. I still cannot believe how well she has done and how cooperative she has been. She honestly acts like it is no big deal and has from the beginning. We took her to her very first movie and told her (for the five millionth time) how proud we are of her.

She was beyond excited to be at the "movie player" and getting to s
ee Winnie the Pooh.

She got to have popcorn and a drink and she narrated the whole movie, lol. I teared up a couple of times when she reached over and grabbed my hand because i
t was such a fabulous treat for Ross and I to be out with our big girl. (Elise stayed with her Aunt Jen and was spoiled too). Amelia was perfect the whole movie and then when it was over she burst into tears. A big, huge, loud crying fit just screaming for Pooh to come back. Ross and I got so tickled. Ross said, "She's passionate, just like you. From high to low." Hahaha. So, to say she loved her first movie in the theater would be an understatement.

We also made our first yogurt pops the other day. My cousin Nikki did this and we are wayy into borrowing ideas. It was another huge success. Amelia was very into helping scoop in the yogurt and putting in the sticks.
Since it was just yogurt, Elise got a bite!

And since this post has turned into a novel of firsts, Elise stood up on her own for the first time too. She constantly wants to stand and seemed pretty steady, so I let go. Amelia clapped and clapped for her. Melt my heart. She didn't stand too long, but I'm counting it!


6 comments:

  1. Sweet girls! Yay for potty training, crawling, standing, movies and yogurt pops! :) Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, major milestone post! Awesome crawling and awesome potty training. I never posted about potty training bc I didn't want to jinx it, but Bentley was easy too. Such a relief to have that out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go girls! Go girls! Go girls! Big girl panties and crawling all around-precious-wish you could post those videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buzz has to get away from that little one how ever she can.LOL
    With Elise standing, I say she will be walking by 9 mos., that girl is moving on.
    Such fun for girly girl.She loved going to the Pooh movie. Jenn loved having Elise Mae also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of Elise. I always said she was super strong woman. What a go-getter. Major milestone. And I'm in AWE of Amelia's potty training. It was really no big deal to her at all it seemed. So proud of her. Loved the pics from the movie theater. What a treat. Speaking of treats...wish I had one of those yogurt pops right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an exciting time in the Halstead home!! Crawling at 6 months and potty trained already?? You have such advanced kids! I love all the pics. A great blog!

    ReplyDelete