Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Steph!

Steph's not much for gush and since it is HER birthday, I will try to limit the overflowing amount of gush I have for her.

Happy Birthday to my built in best friend. Everyone knows that Steph is my favorite person to be around--it is no secret. I've felt this way the moment that chunky, slanty eyed, black headed baby entered this world. She was my baby sister and I immediately needed to start teaching her things. And I am sure I did teach her a few things along the way, but she has taught me many more.
She teaches me about unwavering faith, determination, forgiveness, unconditional love, and encouragement. She has taught me about fashion, cooking, and decorating. She has taught me that it certainly is worth a try to stay calm.
And so, by nature, she is a fabulous teacher to her wonderful students. They are loved and adored and she is, in turn, loved and adored by them. She juggles it all: wonderful wife, inspiring teacher, patient and devoted mother. She goes to bed late and gets up early. Steph teaches me to limit my complaining. She rarely complains about much other than not having enough time to watch all her shows :)
Stephanie Michelle,
From backyard swing sets, to dorm rooms, to delivery rooms, you have remained the one steadfast friend that I knew would be there. The one it was impossible to royally tick off. The friend that would for sure RSVP. The person that totally understood me. From secret crushes to first dates to wedding aisles, you have been my favorite person to dish to. The one I told things I thought were crazy, just to have you verify. Thank you for all of this and for the joy you bring to all my life. I hope you have a very happy day.

3 comments:

  1. That pretty much covers the b/d girl.
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR STEPHY...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully put and so glad you two have always been so close it sure made our job as parents much easier! God has blessed us!I love the different hair dos in those cute photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gush gush gush. tears tears tears. you know how to do it, don't you? thanks so much. you are my built in best friend too. thank heavens. i had a great birthday. loveyou so much.

    ReplyDelete