Sunday, March 27, 2011

Poppy Doo, Walker Roo, and My Three Month Boo


My Poppy turned 80 Saturday. I still pretend he is 60. Not a day older. It just helps me cope. I was explaining it to Ross and trying to tell him that MY grandpa wasn't like everyone's grandpa. MY relationship with MY Pop is special. I thought he would tell me to stop being dramatic (per usual) and that everyone has a special relationship with their grandpa, but he didn't. He looked at me and said, "I know, and you are lucky." And you know what? I am.

Pop has listened to countless stories of mine and all the memories I have with him are so vivid. I am praying for many more. Steph's blog has a list of some of my favorites. We had a great party day and Elise Mae rolled over (tummy to back) on his birthday with everyone watching. Super special. You know how Amelia feels about birthdays...
Ingrid and I felt the same...

Meme made a meal fit for a king...
After a nap it was time to head to sweet Walker's 2nd Birthday and Amy Jo hit it out of the park. Amelia had such a great time at the baseball themed shindig. I, again, ate myself silly. Doesn't the food look so cute? And it was delish--soft pretzels, nachos, hotdogs, veggies, popcorn--YUM.


Then the kids played a balloon game and Amelia loved it. She got a medal afterward that she was quite proud of. The cake was cutie pie and BLUE inside--a huge hit with the kids.Amelia and Amy Jo picking out her treat bag. It was such a fun party that we didn't want to leave!

In other excitement, Elise is three months old today!She is holding her head up well, sitting in her bumbo and just being plain adorable. Sleep is still verrrry iffy and it has been decided Ross and I don't have children that sleep. :) Nonetheless, she is a very good baby--particularly if she is being held, and I honestly cannot believe I love her as much as I do. No matter what people told me, I was a little leery of how I would feel about baby #2, but she is so precious, and now I have joined the club of, "Oh my word; you love them JUST AS MUCH!"

LOVES
- watching Amelia and Ing
- chewing on hand
- blowing spit bubbles
- her swing
- silkies
- smiling hugely

HATES
- sleeping at night
- bottles
- extended tummy time
- being left alone

4 comments:

  1. You all are just a bunch of party animals!! Party here Party there!!
    Sounds like wonderful fun & more great memories being made :)
    Love & enjoy every moment.
    Amy Jo really did hit a grand slam - wow!
    And the table at your grandparents is MOUTH WATERING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fun for all !! How lucky all of us sitting there watching, and Elise turns over. woo wooo .Buzzy had her a party day !!
    What a cute guy your Pop is !!! Can't believe he is 80..
    Love that picture of Ross and Elise,perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and Dad in 60's yep for sure and us in 40's not sure what that makes you guys.LOL
    So glad our whole family was at Pop's celebration!It was fun and delish!Elise rolling over for all of us was one for the books!All three girls cutie pies!Walker's party definitely a hit with Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great great pics. You look so pretty!! It was such a fun day. I LOVED getting to be a part of Elise rolling over for the first time. It was so special. Walker's party looks amazing. I knew it would be. Amy is so creative. Loveyou!

    ReplyDelete