Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lucky Ducks

I am pretty lucky...

Amelia and Elise both went to MOPS for the first time yesterday. I was pretty proud of myself for getting out of the house with both of them on time, dressed, and in green (thanks for the reminder mom). Honestly, it felt like the biggest feat. And, Amelia went to her class without ONE SINGLE TEAR for the first time. I was the one wanting to cry because I was so happy


Yesterday was St. Patty's Day and my husband brought me home a card and a new book! But the occasion was not just about the luck 'o the Irish, it was our fourth engagement anniversary, and I have no idea how in the world the man remembered. The proposal was fabulous- Amazing Race style with clues and hiking and waterfalls and horseback riding and painting rocks. I still remember every moment. I had dreamed of my proposal from an early age (ridiculously early) and as time went on and I threw myself into teaching, I let that dream go a little. I let it go because there was no one that I met that I could even think of spending forever with. It honestly got to the point where I would have been satisfied with the right man presenting the ring to me in the most stereotypical way possible. Throwing me the ring box even.

Then, Ross came along. In a quiet and unsuspecting manner. Cautious and interesting. A perfect match for me. And you know what? I stopped dreaming of the proposal altogether. I was just elated that I had found the one I wanted to be with forever. For once, I didn't worry about getting a ring. And when it happened, I was surprised. I was thrilled. The proposal was big, perfect, outside, and all tied in to my favorite reality tv show :)
-------------

And because I just can't get enough of this outfit and heels...

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures in this post! And enjoy reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first picture,perfect of the girls. Good blog on a good man that found a good woman. We love Rossman..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard your engagement story before... so sweet! And those heels totally make that outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just telling Danny the other day about your proposal & The Amazing Race - had no idea it was the anniversary :)
    I'd say you are one Blessed young lady!
    Two beautiful healthy girls & a great husband.
    Pippo & Pappy are patiently waiting to make a trip to Cox South for Reese Kate McMullen's grand entrance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That second picture of Amelia is soo sweet and of course the heels are darling.Look at sweet Elise on her pallet just loving her some Amelia time!
    Ross is definitely the one for you through and through and we love him!

    ReplyDelete