Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Circus

We (Amelia, Jen, Jared, and myself) went to the circus on Sunday amid many conflicting thoughts/feelings on how Amelia would do. I had many people tell me their child was afraid of the circus and it was too loud and long, etc. So, I decided to go for it and give her the experience and if she hated it we would leave at that very moment the hatred was bred. She was TERRIFIED of the clowns that were greeting us at the entrance (I wasn't giving up that early), but she soon warmed up when we were in our seats with a large bag of blue cotton candy.

She loved the trapeze acts, the woman on the moon, and the spinning butterfly people on the ropes. Her constant question was, "How will they get down?" She loved the men that balanced on small little platforms. None of those things would have been things that I thought would have enthralled her. She liked the ponies and kind of liked the bicycle act. She was semi-impressed with the man throwing the vases. Then, it was intermission and she said, "I'm ready to go home." So, home we went. She sat through two hours, and I was pleased. I can't imagine if we had stayed for the whole four hour shindig. Fun experience. Saw the clowns again on the way out and had a total meltdown, lol. Here are a few grainy phone pics.


In other circus news, it has definitely been one at our house. Amelia is now crying over everything. She cries if I pick the wrong sippy cup. She cries if her show is over. She realllly cries if I hold Elise. Most of the time it is shortlived. but my word, my word. It is insane. This child has been able to reason things out since she was 13 months old, but all of the sudden there is no reasoning bone in her body. She is full on toddler. Frustrating. Ross has suggested a sticker chart, so we might try that. I know a lot of it is jealousy and it is understandable. Elise has been demanding a lot more of my time--especially on days she chooses not to nap (ahhhh). I love my girls, but just want to be honest. It is circus-y some days. Some scary clown days and some cotton candy days.

But, in one of her many moments of sweetness, Amelia picked out this lovely wall hanging and bunny for Kayla. She and her sweet baby girl are hanging in there and I know would appreciate your prayers for that little one to stay in there as long as possible.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you gave the circus a chance. All the actions of a two year old. LOL This will pass and it will be something else to deal with. The good far out weighs the bad. Prayers are with Kayla and the tiny baby fighting so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for sweet Kayla and her baby girl!Praying for Drew who misses his mommy, I am sure.
    Circus-yeah for success!!
    circus at the house -you have two very small children and that will equal circus for quite a while-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the circus! I'm so proud of you for giving it a go with Amelia! And I really can't believe that the circus is four hours long! Holy cow. I can't wait to be back at your circus-y house. It's a fun place to be. Love you. And kayla and her tiny baby. Hopefully I can go see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 hours?! Who can watch something for that long? I'm impressed that she stayed entertained for 2 hours! I understand how you feel about the circus at home stuff...things can be so calm and good one minute, but change quickly! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad great times were had by all. Go Jenn - looking good! Go circus! and cotton candy! Lovin all the pics. I think of Kayla and her baby every day...and I'm believing.

    Love to the Halsted's

    AT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I could make it through 4 hours. Wow. I'm impressed she made it through 2. Give Kayla a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up Heather...love reading your blog because you are so honest. We all have a circus for a house. The crying thing...Grady did that to when Garon came along. It will pass in time. In the meantime, PRAY! :) You can tell you are a wonderful mother, your beautiful girls are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete