Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yiikes

Amelia has been in a great mood this week despite her seasonal/cold/allergy garbage. We went to the zoo with Deacon and had a ton of fun. All day I was saying that I hoped the bears were out of hibernation because we haven't seen them the last several times we went. Well, I got my wish. And, they hated us! As soon as we walked up with the strollers, they ran to the edge of their exhibit and acted like they wanted to jump over and attack us. So, we did what any sensible parents would do--freaked out and sprinted by with the strollers.

Amelia Claire drank out of a straw for the first time this week and was slightly into it. So into it that she had to watch herself drink from it. I could not peel her from the mirror.

For several days she would not take off the pearls she got from G for Easter. Hilarious.

She also loves sunglasses and wore these (and her sunhat) around the house long after we came in from our walk. This is mid-strut.



However, this is the mood she was in today.
Possibly because I had her in that long sleeve dress in the burning sun. Or possibly not. I do not know what her deal was. Maybe all of the sudden the snot/cough bothered her? She whined. She cried. She tantrumed. Nothing I did suited her. No toy was fun. I don't have many of these days, so I am not complaining, just stating. A lot of days I don't want her to go to bed so early because I want the fun to continue. This was definitely not one of those days :)

Going home this weekend for Mom's birthday!! And a hair appointment! And family time! And insurance buying! And friend dates! Of course I have each moment planned to the second. No, it won't all go exactly according to my plan. Yes, I will get upset if it doesn't. Honestly, I see a lot of changes happening within myself as I age and they are mostly positive if I do say so myself. Flexibility is not one of them.

A Ross tidbit before I close. I buy Amelia saline wipes for her nose because 1. they are soft, 2. they smell delish, 3. they dissolve dried snot on contact. Ross decided they were too pricey and said the following tonight, "Can we just get cheap wipes and pour contact saline on them? Is that the same thing?" Yes ladies and gentlemen, he is going to be a Dr. in a mere matter of weeks.

4 comments:

  1. hummm glad I have some saline wipes for poor Amelia's nose- Gammy's is raw as well sweet girl. I think the straw picture is hilarious.She does hate to be hot-LOL! Those bears,nothing like the care bears I see! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the straw pics. How funny that she loved to look at herself drinking that way. Something new that she loved. Hope she is excited to see her aunt steph today! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though she's not in a great mood, that dress she's wearing is very very cute. Hope she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Straw drinking,I missed that one,so cute.She loves those pearls. lol

    ReplyDelete