Thursday, April 22, 2010

Funny

I wonder why Amelia is so tickled?


Still laughing. Any guesses?

Tada. Uncle D peeking through from the back seat. Hilarious.

Now, some things not as funny, but important nonetheless. I think everything I say is important. It bodes me well in life :)

1. I ran a 5k last weekend. Derek talked me into into it. For a non-runner, I did well. And, I was verrrry proud of myself. As I stood there silently tooting my own horn, up to the finish line comes a severely handicapped boy from my home church. His dad pushed him in his wheelchair the entire race and Collier got to finish the last few steps in his walker. There is someone who needs his horn tooted--not to mention his parents. Thanks for reminding me of how moving this was today, D.

2. Vaccines gross me out. I detest reading all that I read about them and then continuing to give them to Amelia. We keep waiting on her 12 m shots---there are so many. I know we will give them to protect her but sometimes I don't want to give them to protect her.

3. Ross is on a trail mix kick and I keep eating all the M&M's out. He said the other night, "Man, they don't put hardly any M&M's in here. I laughed very quietly. So, I found the best trail mix ever--with NO chocolate. Planter's Fruit and Nut Mix is todiefor. I just ate an entire bag in less than 24 hours.

4. I can't stop blogging. Perhaps I just miss people to talk to during the day? I mean Amelia and I talk, but about animal noises and pee and toes and songs. Not vaccines and trail mix. Amy, my b to the f f in Little Rock, is always passing on things that are so useful. We were discussing pesticides in our food and she found this informative link. I thought I would share. http://www.foodnews.org/EWG-shoppers-guide-download-final.pdf.

5. They are calling for a possible tornado outbreak Friday and Saturday. Shudder.

5 comments:

  1. Pop loves all trailmix.
    Vaccines scary but necessary.
    Tornados scary but NOT NECESSARY.
    Blog good and we love it !!
    Always see someone who makes u know what life is really all about....CARING AND LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. we haven't vaccinated caedmon at all. i know there are so many issues with that. but now, he's 3. he's fine, and i'm comfortable with our decision. because we waited we were able to avoid 17 shots that he's "outgrown" so we will do some, but no play catch up...maybe. maybe we won't do any, ever.
    so, "whatever you decide, just decide to be comfortable with your decision." that is the best advice i got.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is almost shot time for sure and no one likes them,but thankfully they have saved many lives.
    Joyful laugh at Uncle D was fun for all.
    Race for Collier and the grandma very touching-
    Spring = storms even though we do not like them.
    Love- you, Ross man, and Amelia
    Proud of you,Uncle D,Glenda and Stephanie for racing and helping the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *I'm totally relating to you on this stuff...

    *A 5k?! I am so proud of you Heather! I like running...even though I really don't do it.

    *Vaccines make me cringe too! My question is does there have to be so many of them, Ugg. We are about to have to get another round and I'm not looking forward to it.

    *Trail mix rocks! We found these cool little individual packs of trail at Sam's club and they are great for on the go. It won't be long and Amelia will be taking your chocolate.

    *Blogging seriously keeps me from loosing my mind sometimes. It is a great way to interact when there are no adults around.

    *Tornado's are expected in our area too tonight. We were supposed to go to Harrison this weekend, but between weather and sickness I don't know if we'll make it. Stay safe. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad I can't see the pictures. Congrats on the 5k. We are going to be doing vaccines a lot different this time. I believe they have a purpose, but I don't like getting so many at a time. Little man will eventually get them all, just one at a time. For Bentley's 12m shots, I just did the varicella and then the MMR at 18m.

    I read blogs because I feel like it's adult interaction since the majority of my days now are spent reading moo, baa, la la la.

    ReplyDelete