Monday, April 5, 2010

Trying

I am trying to figure out what made this the greatest Easter ever. Because it was. No offense to past Easter festivities, but this weekend seemed extra special.
The miracle of the empty tomb is not a new story, but somehow it hit me harder this year. Friday it appeared there was no hope and Sunday there was hope abundant. In a mere three days everything changed. For some reason- this year- that blows my mind.

My family was all together as usual, so I'm trying to figure out why I was overcome with such intense joy as I looked around at us hunting eggs. It obviously has something to do with this new egg hunter that has joined our rowdy group.


Perhaps it even had something to do with me finding twenty five eggs and dominating the hunt. Perhaps? Either way, we were all pretty excited to have such wonderful weather. I am trying to channel that sun for all egg hunts to come.

And, although it isn't about the Easter Bunny, it is sure fun to see him. I'm trying to find a way to get a big, festive figure to appear in May.


Egg dying will forever be fun, even when Amelia dunks her entire hand in many containers of dye. She had a blast and I am trying to push away the thought of the mess she will be capable of next year. Derek made his classic egg (kind of like the classic track suit) and all was well in the world.


What I am trying to say is that this Easter weekend was full of love and family and thanks. I hope yours was as well. I am also trying to figure out how at this time last year my sweet baby girl was sitting by some eggs...

And this year she was chasing after them.

I'm trying to resist the urge to post 1,345 more photos of the weekend. Okay, just one more.



4 comments:

  1. Our precious girl looks so sweet with her little pink egg in her hand.She did an incredible job hunting eggs.So much fun was had by all.It just seems the other day we were hiding easy eggs for Jared. Cute idea with the tiny baby picture-so adorable!!!Miracle of Easter-new life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohooo! best easter evahhhh. great post on our great family fun. loved every second. amelia claire was amazing at hunting. she blew me away. :)

    steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was our pleasure to be able to host one more Easter of eggs to dye and food to eat.
    I am thankful we were all able to be together for two days of fun.Jared and Amelia were not the only ones to have a blast,I enjoyed each min. of it. Meam

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you were rocking that grey hat! :) grrreeeaaaat photos! glad you had a fun easter. hope to see you soon!

    AT

    ReplyDelete