Thursday, April 1, 2010

More Sweet Than Bitter

Before Deacon came over the other day, I tried to get Amelia to wear her new sandals for the first time, but she kept grabbing her toes and giving me a fake smile. Perhaps she didn't think it was quite warm enough and she was probably right.

We had a blast when Deacon came over to play and I got a little/lot sad thinking about Amelia leaving her two best buddies in LR. Wahhhh.




Even though this is so blurry it looks like AC doesn't have a face, I had to post it because Deacon was showing her how to jump off the ground and she was trying so hard.





Another Book Club came and went and I love it more each time. The discussion was great and I am honestly enjoying hearing opinions that differ from mine---perhaps one of the things that I love most about the group. We read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet and although the writing style was a little straightforward for my tastes, the storyline was precious. I really loved the theme and the characters. Another stellar choice. This month we are reading The Magician's Elephant and I cannot wait to start. Man, I will miss Book Club. I told myself I wouldn't start ranting about all I am going to miss until May and I have done it twice in one post.

3 comments:

  1. You can say,you will miss everything in L.R.and your wonderful friends as many times as you want. Amelia will miss her many little friends also. Moving is hard. I can say,you adjusted well to each new adventure so far.
    Hope Amelia feels better and without fever tomorrow. We are looking forward to you getting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you will miss your friends,but the good thing is that you are you and make friends easily and try hard to keep the old ones you have had. Those photos are hilarious. Hope you find a good church and people your age quickly in Springfield as well.Of course your family will be very close, and hopefully Harrison friends will run up as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these new pics of Amelia and Deacon. So cute. I'm cracking up that she was trying so hard to jump off the ground like him! Can't wait to see you tomorrow (fingers crossed) and that AC feel's better.

    steph

    ReplyDelete