Sunday, January 8, 2012

Elise's Sunshine Bash

You are my sunshine,


My only sunshine,



You make me happy,



When skies are gray,

You'll never know dear,




How much I love you,




Please don't take, my sunshine away!



We had a fabulous first birthday party for Miss Elise and she was all smiles on her big day. It was uncannily gorgeous outside and the weather was perfect. Not too many birthdays where she will get to play in the backyard I bet! She got some fun presents and cute outfits, but her sweet smile is all that is present in this momma's mind today. So glad that the whole family could gather together to honor this precious year we have had with our girl.

Elise Mae,
You are a delightful little spitfire. I wasn't sure that I would have another bundle of rizz and tizz since we already had one, but you have quickly made your spot in our family and our hearts are warmed with each smile and laugh echoing down the hall. You are proving to be stubborn and feisty, which will probably serve you well sharing a house with sister and I. Poor Daddy, haha. However, there is a soft and warm side to you and you love to kiss and hug and snuggle. You still sleep with Mommy and Daddy and as the days fly off the calendar, that is just fine with us. We love to hear you make your animal sounds (elephant, dog, duck, monkey, and snake as of now) and say your favorite words (mom, dad, ball, dog, shhew, ) and do your favorite things (follow Amelia, be held by Mom, attempt to run, and play with your toys).

Thank you for showing me how amazing the heart is and how big it can love. I had no idea there was a spot just waiting on YOU and I am so proud of how much you have grown and developed this past year. Know that we think you are beautiful and wonderful and made exactly how God saw fit: perfect.

Hope you enjoyed your special day. Love and sunrays.

Mommy

4 comments:

  1. Adorable party! What a sweet little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our perfect sunshine had such a special day!She is definitely a snuggle bug for sure! She had soo much fun and all the family got to see her do so!(except Greg)LOL You threw a great party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was a perfect party. I loved all the decorations so much. Sunshine theme was adorable. And our birthday girl is the most loving girl around. I love everything about our little leesy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures and that it was a beautiful sunshiny day for her special day!! You are the best mom ever. I aspire to be more like you!! Love, rebecca

    ReplyDelete